• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are my chances of booking FOP or Na'Vi at 30 days?

Leelo

Never grow up. It's a trap!
My DH and I are staying off site for our trip the week of Halloween. Does anyone have any thoughts on the likelihood of booking fast passes for either of the 2 Pandora rides at the 30 day mark since we are staying off-site?

Last edited:
I was unable to get a FP for FoP at >55 days out. But, yesterday a perfect time slot/date opened up for our trip. So, don't get discouraged if you can't get a FP for FoP. Just keep checking back on cancellations.

Nav'i maybe. FOP unlikely. Also, you may already know this, but you can't pre-book FP+ for both Pandora rides on one day.

Thanks! I have just started researching the Pandora section and hadn't come across this info yet. Very helpful!

I was unable to get a FP for FoP at >55 days out. But, yesterday a perfect time slot/date opened up for our trip. So, don't get discouraged if you can't get a FP for FoP. Just keep checking back on cancellations.

This is encouraging news. I made sure to get online on my 60 day out morning at 7 (plus every day after) and have been unable to get FOP. It sucks, but I'll keep trying every chance I get. I rode it last Thursday and was completely blown away. Best ride. period.

From the FP FAQ:
Availability

The vast majority of the 62 FP attractions at WDW have FPs available as late as day-of.

- Attractions listed here are the most difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect limited availability even at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests are unlikely to get much availability (if at all) at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance may require frequent monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are most unlikely, but possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
  • Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
  • Avatar Flight Of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
- Attractions listed here can be difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect good availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect limited availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance will likely require regular monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
  • Peter Pan's Flight (Magic Kingdom)
  • Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (Epcot)
  • Soarin' (Epcot)
  • Test Track (Epcot)
  • Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios)
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios)
  • Navi River Journey (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rivers of Light (Animal Kingdom)
- All other attractions are relatively easy to get. Onsite guests can expect wide availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect good availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days is likely, but availability may be limited. Same-day FPs are likely, but may require frequent monitoring via MDX.

- The MDX system can be used to check availability at any park, even if FPs are selected for a different park that day. However, guests are advised to be careful not to confirm any selections offered, or existing FPs will be affected. See the FP FAQ Addendum for more information.

- In general, day-of FP availability for most headliners--particularly outside of Magic Kingdom—is typically low and approaches nonexistent as choices for 4th FPs since several hours must pass until guests are eligible for 4th FPs.

- There is no evidence that different “pools” of FPs are maintained for different booking windows. In other words, the full slate of FPs available for any particular attraction is released at one time, some 70+ days in advance, and none are saved for offsite guests or those who wait until they arrive in the park.

- If maximum choice and times of FPs is desired, then reserving them at the earliest opportunity is highly recommended.

Slim to none as others have said for FOP but pretty good for Navi, we booked it the day before we got there. The good news is the line for FOP is pretty interesting and if you get there for rope drop, it's not a bad wait.

Navi - definitely - I am within 30 days of my trip and try every day to modify my FoP pass to a different time slot, and as I have it pulled up right now Disney is more than happy to let me change the FoP to Navi for scores of time slots, morning, afternoon and night

FoP - nope - I had to settle for any time I could get (night slots only) 63 days out, I had a little more choice 64 days out - but, I would still try and try

From the FP FAQ:

That gives me at least a little teeny tiny bit of hope. On 2 of our trips so far this year, I booked both Frozen and 7DMT within a week of arrival. Crossing my fingers for the same luck with FOP!

I'd say Navi no problem, probably not until afternoon/evening but should be possible to get one

Navi shouldn't be too difficult. I just made FP's yesterday for about 3 weeks out and had choices of Navi River Journey from 3pm until park close

0.01% chance you get one for FoP

Just to echo what everyone else said...Navi shouldn't be a problem. I will say, however, that this past week we arrived a little after RD on a morning extra magic hour, headed to the safari and then backtracked to Pandora. We got on Navi within 10 minutes of entering the queue. So, even if you cannot get a fp, there is a possibility of little to no wait early in the morning.

Slightly off topic, but how are people getting FP's > 60 days out? I thought your 60 day mark was the soonest you could get them?

Slightly off topic, but how are people getting FP's > 60 days out? I thought your 60 day mark was the soonest you could get them?

Sixty days plus length of stay. You may find the FP FAQ helpful. From the Booking Windows post:
- Onsite guests can book FPs for their entire stay, for as many days as they have tickets for. The maximum number of days is at least 14—reliable data beyond this number is unclear. Practically speaking, this means FPs can be booked for more than 70 days away.

I could not get FP+ for either (or Safari) at 30 days. A ton of Safari FPs became available about 2 weeks later, so I snagged one for my 3rd FP.
Today (I am 10 days out), I saw a few FPs for Navi open up.

I could only get FOP for 67 days out. If you want to get one from 30 days out or less I suggest stalking the website.

I was at AK yesterday and you could have walked onto the Safari
And today it was over 90min for a lot of the day. Very variable.

Wrt FoP... we had FP for days 6, 7 and 8 of our trip, but got those at 60+ days out. Haven't read much luck within 30 days, though never IMPOSSIBLE if you keep checking.

We've had multiple people -- even CMs -- ask us how we managed to get multiple FPs for FoP... explained that we had a longer trip and are staying onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter