• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are our best options?

stindall

DIS Veteran
Hi friends, I'm looking for options for transpo now the ME is no longer a thing. I have three parties and we're headed there in September from the west coast and midwest. My parents are staying at Caribbean Beach, the rest of us are at Art of Animation. We're not traveling together, these are 3 separate parties. We are all arriving on the same day (mostly...)

1. My Dad and Step Mom. They're looking for someone who will get their bags from baggage claim because my step mom has mobility issues and it's just easier if they can just go from the gate to the transportation option. They're willing to pay a little more for that extra service and care. Same with returning, someone who will take care of the bags for them as much as possible.
  2. Myself, my husband, our 3 year old. (will actually be turning 3 during our trip!) We are not bringing a car seat but we will have an umbrella stroller. Probably 2 checked bags and getting those ourselves isn't really a problem I suppose. We would like to not splash out like my Dad lol and are okay with a bus situation?
  3. My brother and his girlfriend, not sure about their bag situation yet and it might just be one of them as my brother might join us later in the week due to work. Cheap is good here and I'm guessing Uber or Lyft might be the cheapest option for them but if there's something cheaper or smarter?

For your parents, I would book car service with a company like Mears or FL Tours.

For yourselves, Mears Connect or Sunshine Flyer seem to be what you’re looking for.

For your brother and his girlfriend, the bus options will be around the same price as Uber and Lyft.

For your parents definitely a car service, we have used Tiffany for years. Because of Covid some were not meeting at the baggage claim. Thus they did not handle the luggage. If this is still the case contact MCO ahead of time to ask for assistance. Hopefully, they are back to normal.

For your parents definitely a car service, we have used Tiffany for years. Because of Covid some were not meeting at the baggage claim. Thus they did not handle the luggage. If this is still the case contact MCO ahead of time to ask for assistance. Hopefully, they are back to normal.
Companies that are definitely meeting at baggage claim right now (who I see in the airport on a daily basis) include Mears (for whom I am a chauffeur), Destination MCO, and Happy Limo. Not 100% sure about Tiffany. I see their cars around the airport, but don’t usually see their drivers at baggage claim.

Thank you! I’ll look into those car services for them and see what would be best. I’ll probably suggest the bus to my brother and his girlfriend as well, seems like it might be a little easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter