What are the best CS on the DDP?

3mousehouse

Mouseketeer
Any advice welcome - which CS meals are the best in the parks (MK, AK, MGM, & Epcot)? I don't think we are there enough days to eat all the meals we want so I want to know which CS's are the ones not to miss. Thanks!

Animal Kingdom: You've got a good number of good choices: Tusker House, Flame Tree, and Chakranadi Chicken Shop.

Magic Kingdom: You've got practically no good choices. Blech. Make this a TS day.

Epcot: Seasons and Tangierine Cafe are both very good (for different reasons).

D-MGM: Things have just changed at Studio Catering Company, so I don't know what the current status is.

Animal Kingdom: Tusker House
Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Rays
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe, Yorkshire County Fish Shop
MGM: None - Nada - Nothing (we do TS here: Sci-Fi, 50s Primetime)

bicker said:
Animal Kingdom: You've got a good number of good choices: Tusker House, Flame Tree, and Chakranadi Chicken Shop.

Magic Kingdom: You've got practically no good choices. Blech. Make this a TS day.

Epcot: Seasons and Tangierine Cafe are both very good (for different reasons).

D-MGM: Things have just changed at Studio Catering Company, so I don't know what the current status is.

I don't think the TS restaurants at MK are very good either. I'd just settle for CHH and use my TS in another park or at a resort.

If you have a reason to go to CSR or have a car Pepper Market is a nice CS meal. Plenty of entrée choices but they limit your dessert.

Tusker House was pretty good...2 of us could have easily shared a lunch plate, they were pretty big, and the dessert was a slice of cake, which were both pretty big too!

I was very impressed with Wolfgang Puck Express in downtown Disney...I had a veggie sandwich and it was AMAZING.

I don't think the TS restaurants at MK are very good either. I'd just settle for CHH and use my TS in another park or at a resort.
Good point -- I agree completely. Alternatively, I'd take a short boat ride and have a meal at a MK resort.

We like to use some of our CS credits at the value resorts. You can get a decent hot dinner and a great desert (and drink) and use your CS credits. We actually zipped over to the A/S movies when we had extra credits left over and we all ate at the food court. The food courts give you more CS choices because you can actually use the CS credits for meals other than fast food choices. At the A/S movies, the CMs stamped our receipt and after the meal was done, they let us go back and get deserts, banana splits and other ice cream. We just showed the receipts saying how many deserts were allowed and it was simple (this way the ice cream did not melt while eating the meal).

Animal Kingdom: There are two great CS establishments here: Tusker House
and Flaming Tree.

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House (Cosmic Rays is OK, but is BUSY)

Epcot: Sunshine Food Fair

MGM: It is unbelievable to me that MGM can't get ONE decent CS
restaurant. They should shutter the ABC Commissary--it is
just awful. And the others aren't much better. We plan a TS
when at MGM, or leave the park and go elsewhere.

No one seems to excited about MGM's CS. I've read some good reviews of Pepper Market in Coronado Springs. Would it be possible to get there quickly from MGM for lunch and then return after we've finished?

...Only 8 more days to go!!!!!

I would count on about an hour of travel time plus the amount of time that it takes you to get to the gate.

Definitely hit the Concourse Steak House and Goofy's Breakfast at the Beach Club for two of your wiater service meals.
The Pecos Bills counter service and the other one in Tomorrowland both had great lunch food!

At Magic Kingdom- Cosmic Rays, the burgers were yummy and the alien entertainment was cute.

Animal Kingdom- Flame Tree, the ribs were delicious.

We REALLY enjoyed Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. I've heard Flame Tree Barbecue is good too. At MK, we liked Columbia Harbour House and my sister really enjoyed Pecos Bills (we didn't get there). MGM - only ate TS there...

We thought that Cosmic Ray's was ok and Pecos Bill's was awful. We may have caught PB's on an off-night (it was a MVMCP night) but I don't think we will go back.

We all really enjoyed Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.

Animal Kingdom: Tusker House and Flame Tree
Magic Kingdom: Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Rays
Epcot: YUM! Tangerine Cafe
MGM: :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

We have a couple of days planned at MGM and I am totally stumped as to what to do with our counter service meals here.... Thinking we may just take the boat each day over to World Showcase, eat, and head back to MGM.

3mousehouse said:
No one seems to excited about MGM's CS. I've read some good reviews of Pepper Market in Coronado Springs. Would it be possible to get there quickly from MGM for lunch and then return after we've finished?

...Only 8 more days to go!!!!!

We stayed at CSR for 9 nights, and loved the Pepper Market. The large grilled steak dinner with potatoes, vegetables, drink (smoothie) and dessert fed our family of four on one CS credit! However, I'm not sure I'd call the bus trip between MGM and CSR 'quick' ... you might consider it if you had your own vehicle, I suppose, or specifically wanted to explore a new resort during lunch/downtime. I'd probably recommend park hopping in the afternoon -- just taking the first bus that comes after lunch :-)

There's the Flatbread Grill eatery, which is the renamed Studio Catering Company. Remarkably, when the renamed the eatery, they seemed to take all the flatbread items off the menu.

Thanks for Good Post!
I too am learning lots, I was wondering about CS places with DDP!
Now, I'm Hungry !! :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter