• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the best things about Epcot?

My favorite thing about Epcot is the festivals. I also really like the restaurants, Spaceship Earth as an icon, (I like the ride too, but I wouldn't name it in my top five or so things in the park,) Soarin, and just wandering through World Showcase.

The street performances and music (I never get tired of the Japanese drummers). The restaurants/food. We spend ages in the shops especially Japan and China. The leaping fountains never fail to amuse me. The attention to detail especially in the World Showcase. We spent a few weeks in Italy last year and it was amazing to me how suddenly recognizable the tower was in the Italian pavillion - it made me miss Italy. Even better was that we had never really gone over to the bridge by the water in the Italian pavillion to look at until last visit and we suddenly realized we were on the Rialto bridge and the gondola posts were just like we remembered. Really took me back. We simply hadn't appreciated just how well done this particular showcase was until we had visited the places that inspired it.

This is one park where we spend most of our time just wandering and being able to spend time talking to each other and enjoying the scenery. It's probably our favourite park and the one where we've spent most of our time over the years.

Last edited:
Let me just start by saying that when I went to EPCOT as a 9 year old early in the 90s I HATED EPCOT. When I went back in 2001 as a 20 year old I LOVED it! We went last January for the first time since 2001 and even my son who was 9 at the time and he loved it too. Anyway, my favorite things are:

• The culture. Each pavilion immerses you in their culture as best they can inside a theme park and it is such a fun experience.
  • The food. EPCOT seems to have so many good options for TS and QS...so much that while planning our next trip, it seems like every restaurant I want to eat at is at EPCOT.
  • Kidcot - such a fun activity for the kids, they did not have this when I was a kid.
  • The relaxing nature of the park. The other parks I feel very rushed to get on all the rides but EPCOT has a much more relaxing feel, maybe due to lack of rides but it is still nice.
  • It's pretty. You get good views of the park from all over. Most of the other parks you can't see across the park due to their layout or structures being in the way, but not at EPCOT.

The set up of Epcot, it's so simple to navigate, the simplest of all the parks in my opinion.

World Showcase as a whole is so immersive and just so nice to walk through. If we forget about attractions and just enjoy the pavilions, it is so incredible what has been done there.

Spaceship Earth and Living With The Land aka the last known callbacks to original Epcot Future World attractions. They are still in a league of their own all these years later.

Fountain of Nations. Nuff said.

World Showcase food offerings. Also, enough said.

Lighting packages in Future World. I love the light up walkways and they give me a joy unlike most current things in Epcot.

The vicinity / transportation options to other parks and hotels. Walk from the Boardwalk hotels. Friendship Boat from Hollywood Studios. Monorail from MK. Soon to have the gondola. It’s the perfect park to hop to because it’s so close and easy from so many places on property. Combined with the festivals & sometimes the mismatched theme- you can do Epcot in chunks. It doesn’t feel like a waste to only go there for a few hours at a time.

The unique experiences you can have in the World Showcase i.e. Pick a Pearl in Japan
The different foods available from different countries
The cast members from different countries
The amount of space so it doesn't feel as crowded (even though this can be a negative after walking around all day)

It’s more of a relaxed park compared to DHS or MK.
Have to agree with this. That's probably my favorite aspect. You can actually find quiet areas to sit, relax, enjoy the scenery, etc, especially in the World Showcase. I love walking back through the canyons in Canada or the bazaar in Morocco. We were there on Pres Day for example. The parks were slammed as one would expect. We went to WS in the evening to check out the art fest and catch Illuminations. Even though the main walkways were busy as usual, you could still find those quiet spots in many of the countries to escape to. I love that about it.

The best thing about our last trip to Epcot...... meeting YOU! :flower1: And Pete and Ryno too :flower:at the Flower and Garden festival center. You guys are so genuine and were very nice to take the time to talk to us and snap selfies.
Sure, there are many great things about Epcot, but this was the highlight for us!
:love:

53192379_10217879263196266_7208561204233502720_n.jpg

@Sara_H I had to LOL at 9 year old you hating Epcot. The first time I went with my now husband, he was like...."WHY ARE WE GOING TO EPCOT? EPCOT SUCKS!" Fast forward to today, Epcot is the reason we get park hoppers whenever we go.

World Showcase with walking around the countries and attractions (with the exception of new "Norway" although the ride's ok), Future World attractions that have held true over the years like Spaceship Earth, Living With The Land, Journey Into Imagination, to a really minor extent Innoventions (Soarin around the world's great too of course though, although not as good as Soarin'). Also as others have said, an easier park to go around

Last edited:
My 10 year old would say it is tasting the cokes from around the world.
We are going to Coco beach for the week on Saturday and we are heading to Disney for 1 day.....Epcot got everyone's vote for where to go for the day.

Best Things about Epcot ... in my humble opinion. Illuminations (sad to see it go, but I'm going to think positively about the new shows) is my #1 favorite thing. Aside from that, I like Spaceship Earth .. the attraction and the actual dome itself... just gives me chills when I see it. I like the festivals, particularly Flower & Garden for the beauty! The food choices in World Showcase and the entertainment choices within World Showcase.

I love the landscaping. I love the quiet places tucked away, I love the varied food options. I love Japan and Germany, My FAVORITE: Mexico. I love the outside, I love the inside of the pyramid. I could camp inside that pyramid all day long and have all that I need.

Best thing about Epcot? Spending a half day there and leaving ! It is by far the park my family and I do not like spending much time in. We do like to eat there, which makes it tolerable. We do the rides/attractions and go. We have tried to give the World Showcase a chance, but the Disnified "cultures" are far from the real thing and everything is made in China anyway. We usually do an AM half day and a PM half day at Epcot when we go. Now, with the changes coming, this may change our touring styles, but for now it is pretty mehh.

World Showcase
Food in World Showcase
Beverages in World Showcase
Voices of Liberty
Illuminations (sigh)
A little break from Disney characters (double sigh)

Best thing about Epcot? Spending a half day there and leaving ! It is by far the park my family and I do not like spending much time in. We do like to eat there, which makes it tolerable. We do the rides/attractions and go. We have tried to give the World Showcase a chance, but the Disnified "cultures" are far from the real thing and everything is made in China anyway. We usually do an AM half day and a PM half day at Epcot when we go. Now, with the changes coming, this may change our touring styles, but for now it is pretty mehh.
There's no right or wrong in choosing a favorite (or not) park.
For us, though, we love Epcot. It's the main reason we have hoppers.

Last edited:
I can assure that the ICMs are the "real deal" and are not "Disnified" and except for one Pavillion,the ICMs are not "made in China".:)
When you have been to many of the countries they are trying to mimic in the World Showcase, I can safely say that they are far from the "real deal" and are only Disney's interpretation of what they are really like. To each their own, but the Showcase is a Disney Dud IMO.

Best things about Epcot are any of the original rides still there from the original '82 opening! Oh, and Soarin'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter