What are the chances for decent crowd levels?

luvmy2boyzz

feel the fear and do it anyway...
Hi!

My boys and I will be at Disney the week before Free Dining in August. What are the chances that the crowds will be lower? Online crowd calendars still show heavy for that week. We are there Aug 9th- 16th. My free dining invitation starts Aug 21st. Last year we were at UO during Disney free dining and tried to get ressies at Disney Springs and it was CRAZY!! I was hoping based on what I paid for the week which is about $1000 less than prior weeks and the fact that free dining begins the following week that it would be slower. :D

Last edited:
I think with the advent of free dining it will be a very slim chance of there being any let-off in crowd size....that used to be the prime time to go to Disney, the last two weeks in August, especially for the northeast, as they dont return to school to around labor day....but that has all changed

The week you are going is still considered prime summer vacation time. The crowds do drop off August 16 and after and especially the week right before labor day. I go most years around that time starting sometimes in the middle of the week you are going to the middle of the next week or the middle of the week of the 16th into the week before labor day. I have always seen a drop off In crowds starting August 16 and a huge drop off the week before labor day. Last year I can tell you I went to MK on the Monday of the week before labor day and it was fairly empty... it was nice. BTW the free dining time is good for the attractions as most of those people are busy eating or going to their ADR.... we eat off times all trips so these times of year always work well for us, we own DVC so never participated in FD.

If it's going to be a slow week, disney will ramp up the discounts to make sure it's not and if that doens't help they will do something that gets locals to want to spend money and visit to make sure it fills up.

There is no slow weeks, just random slower days.

so your chances are slim to none.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter