what are the chances...so mad!!

layteacher

Earning My Ears
I bought plane tickets and Disney tickets for my daughter and her best friend for a senior trip. They are graduating in May. I bought tickets and thought i had reservations for one day at MK for the three of us. Today I decided to get on and check our account, print tickets, etc. Apparently, her BFF was not included in the reservation and only my daughter and i have a confirmed reservation for March 22.. ugh. Now the park is full. What is the likelihood of someone cancelling and me getting on line at just the right time to reserve? I dont know what to do... any suggestions? PLeASE

I bought plane tickets and Disney tickets for my daughter and her best friend for a senior trip. They are graduating in May. I bought tickets and thought i had reservations for one day at MK for the three of us. Today I decided to get on and check our account, print tickets, etc. Apparently, her BFF was not included in the reservation and only my daughter and i have a confirmed reservation for March 22.. ugh. Now the park is full. What is the likelihood of someone cancelling and me getting on line at just the right time to reserve? I dont know what to do... any suggestions? PLeASE
I would say that it's not unreasonable to think they might increase park capacity by then, if they do I would think there's a good chance you can snag one? best of luck!

I got two MK park passes for my fil and his partner on a sold out day in December. I literally keep refreshing the page over and over again (like 8 times). Then boom! They were available! I couldn’t believe it actually worked. That was about a week out from our trip.

Question - Does the friend have their own MDE account or are they listed on someone else’s MDE account? I am asking because I can make park reservations for my sister and BIL, but I don’t always see them when I look at My Plans in MDE. They have their own MDE account, and they can see the park reservations I have made. I just wondered since you said you were sure you had made them for all three of you. Maybe you did . . .

I would say that it's not unreasonable to think they might increase park capacity by then, if they do I would think there's a good chance you can snag one? best of luck!
Since she’s looking at a date less than 2 weeks away I would not think park capacity would increase. If they were considering increasing capacity I think they would have done it starting this coming week when they have 7 sold out dates at all parks. Capacity increases are not brought on by demand but rather safe places for people to disperse and nothing new has been introduces as re-opening.

@layteacher, I hope you’re able to grab something when someone drops it!!

Yeah it's coming so soon the best you can do is keep looking diligently every day. I doubt it, but maybe you could show up at guest services and see if they can do anything. Otherwise, is there another park still available for all three of you?

Last edited:
I tried pming you but it won't work. I'm going to preface this by STRONGLY stating that I'm sure this is way more of an exception, not usual, definitely not something to bank on, most likely won't work, so on and so forth, as I know many will jump down this post, which is why I wanted to pm you. Having said that; I will just say that if once you get to Disney; you still haven't secured bff a reservation...go to guest services and explain your situation as nicely as possible. This past Sun., my dsis decided to join us last min. I was able to get her a AK reservation for Mon., but not a DHS one on Tues. as those buckets had been filled for quite a while. There were AP reservations left though (none of us are APs, but just giving details) so I decided just to ask at our resort and they directed me to guest services. I explained the situation and they were able to get my dsis a reservation for dhs. Cpl. details- she was on my resort reservation, we were going to upgrade her tix and pay for another day of we could get her into dhs and the other 3 in our party already had a reservation for that park. Again please understand I am not saying this would work out for anyone else and I strongly encourage you to keep trying, but I'm just saying if all else fails I would at least ask with the assumption that it probably won't work. Good luck.

Since she’s looking at a date less than 2 weeks away I would not think park capacity would increase. If they were considering increasing capacity I think they would have done it starting this coming week when they have 7 sold out dates at all parks. Capacity increases are not brought on by demand but rather safe places for people to disperse and nothing new has been introduces as re-opening.

@layteacher, I hope you’re able to grab something when someone drops it!!
🤦🏼‍♀️ I just went back and re read, I thought it said they were GOING in May but it said graduating. my bad!!

Are you actually attempting to secure the reservation, or just checking the calendar for visible availability?

I've heard multiple reports of people getting reservations despite the calendar showing booked - makes sense not to change the calendar colors to show availability if there are only a few spots occasionally throughout the day. So, if you aren't already, attempt to make the extra reservation frequently throughout the day, and just ignore the calendar color.

I tried pming you but it won't work. I'm going to preface this by STRONGLY stating that I'm sure this is way more of an exception, not usual, definitely not something to bank on, most likely won't work, so on and so forth, as I know many will jump down this post, which is why I wanted to pm you. Having said that; I will just say that if once you get to Disney; you still haven't secured bff a reservation...go to guest services and explain your situation as nicely as possible. This past Sun., my dsis decided to join us last min. I was able to get her a AK reservation for Mon., but not a DHS one on Tues. as those buckets had been filled for quite a while. There were AP reservations left though (none of us are APs, but just giving details) so I decided just to ask at our resort and they dimed me to guest services. I explained the situation and they were able to get my dsis a reservation for dhs. Cpl. details- she was on my resort reservation, we were going to upgrade her tix and pay for another day of we could get her into dhs and the other 3 in our party already had a reservation for that park. Again please understand I am not saying this would work out for anyone else and I strongly encourage you to keep trying, but I'm just saying if all else fails I would at least ask with the assumption that it probably won't work. Good luck.
thank you so much!! I called yesterday and the lady was so super nice. She tried and tried for over an hour with no luck. She told me to go to Disney Springs the day before (when we get in town) and tell them what happened. I have decided the only other thing i can do is let her BFF have my spot and i will just stay at the room. At least the girls will get to enjoy their day.

Are you actually attempting to secure the reservation, or just checking the calendar for visible availability?

I've heard multiple reports of people getting reservations despite the calendar showing booked - makes sense not to change the calendar colors to show availability if there are only a few spots occasionally throughout the day. So, if you aren't already, attempt to make the extra reservation frequently throughout the day, and just ignore the calendar color.
I am actually trying to make the reservation. I keep doing it over and over. at least 100 times. ugh

Yesterday, i talked to a cast member on the phone She was so nice and tried so hard. even got IT to try .. no luck. she tried for over an hour, while we talked. She told me to go to Disney Springs the day before and pick up tickets and explain the situation. I have decided what i can do is to give her BFF my ticket, drop the girls off and go back to the room. At least they can spend the day together and enjoy their senior trip.

If i pick up all 3 tickets at Disney Springs but only use the two that have reservations, can i use the third ticket in the future since it wont be scanned at the park? Hate to lose 150dollar ticket because I cant go without the extra reservation. The Disney rep said just let her bff have my ticket to go in.

thank you so much!! I called yesterday and the lady was so super nice. She tried and tried for over an hour with no luck. She told me to go to Disney Springs the day before (when we get in town) and tell them what happened. I have decided the only other thing i can do is let her BFF have my spot and i will just stay at the room. At least the girls will get to enjoy their day.
not the best idea but do you have hoppers but you could get a ressie at another park and join them later when hopping opens if all else fails

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter