what are the crowds like?

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving next Monday June 27th through Sunday July 3rd....what are the crowds in the park like? We will be staying at the DLH and will take advantage of the EE on a morning.......thanks

The crowds are not bad this week. Yesterday was mobbed (more crowded than SUnday even) but aside from that we've had good luck with fast passes and enough stuff with short lines in between. We've had 10 minutes or less on Pirates, Big Thunder, Haunted MAnsion, Pooh, Small World...

Do expect HUGE lines on Splash and Buzz. Both have gotten up over the two hour mark.

We just got back last night from a 5 day visit. Thank goodness we were there 5 days and made the most of fast passes because I felt the crowds were awful. We spent a lot of time at DCA just to escape them.

Thursday was fine for the most part and we were able to do a lot but the park closed early- 9:00. Friday was a nightmare. Indiana Jones was 45 minutes by 9:15 and we waited 10 minutes in line just to get a fast pass. We left the park by 1:00 and came back in the evening for the fireworks and fantasmic. What a mistake! I was actually afraid for my kids safety. So many people you couldn't move We couldn't really see much of anything but couldn't leave the park because of the crowds.

Saturday and Sunday were better. Monday was also really, really busy. Much busier than the weekend. Very crowded and difficult to walk. If it wasn't for fast pass we probably wouldn't have done half of what we did.

We will never go again except in the off season.

thanks for the feedback....we will also be there 5 days so am hoping that that will help us see everything...........we are there Tues. June 28th through Sat. July 2nd........staying at DLH so will be taking mid day breaks and such...plus the parks are open pretty late.........thanks

I'm only going to be there for three days (Wed, Thurs & Fri). I hope that I will be able to "see it all."

Update.

Go out of your way to avoid main street anytime near the fireworks or parades. It was HORRIBLE there. Plan more wisely than we did. We got stuck in that mob three times.

I too have a 5 day pass and I'm so glad we went with it. I'm thinking I'll go in Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur and I know it goes against the book but Sat also.

I was wondering the same thing about the crowds... As my family and I will be there next week as well (June 28-July 1, then the DCL on the 2nd). I'm hoping the crowds aren't that bad, as it will be my first time to DL!

We just got back from being there last week. The crowds were very high. Even the local people said that on Tuesday night, they had never seen that many people in the park on a Tuesday night and it was pretty much like that all week. It was an hour on line for fast food.

We got a 4 day hopper and will be going into the park Tue, Wed, Thurs and Friday. Kind of glad we are avoiding the weekend but I know it's still going to be heavenly crowded. Going back to hotel during lunch and coming back in the late evening.

We just got back from being there Wed thru Sunday.

DL was very busy on the days we went...Thursday and Saturday. However, we used EE on Thursday and found the crowds to be really light until 10am or so. They gradually got heavier until we left around 1pm after lunch. By then, the park was packed.

We came back for the late parade and fireworks arriving about 20 minutes before the parade. We got a spot at the top of the hub (even got a bench to sit on!) with no problems. We watched the parade, then just kept our spot until the fireworks. After that, we waited 20 minutes or so for the crowd to thin out and rode quite a few rides before leaving the park around 11pm.

On Saturday we only went in to go to ToonTown Morning Madness, happened on to Space Mountain being open and then watched the Snow White show using our preferred seating passes and got the heck out of there. It was a madhouse!

I would suggest that you not try and navigate the rush of people leaving after the parades or fireworks. Sit back and people watch for 20 minutes and it's much easier to move around!

DCA on the other hand, never seemed crowded even when it was!

Yes, DL is very busy but if you take advantage of fastpasses, EE and the late closings it really isn't too bad at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter