• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the hot new toys for two year olds this season?

Steamboat Girlie

I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh.
My dad just emailed me wanting a list for toys that my son(2) wants this year. He doesn't really even talk that well, let alone ask for toys. What are some good toys for the two year old set this year?

Little People, my first choice would be the garage but there is lots of nice little people stuff out there.

I would stick with basics, rather than hot toys. Duplos, wooden blocks, puzzles, vehicles, dress-up clothes. You'll get better play value from the basics. Think of toys you'd see in a pre-school.

Jackie

DD turned 2 end of June and is pretty advanced I think due to having a 10 1/2 yr old sister. She is getting Charlie and Lola books, Aquadoodle mat, Cindy doll, larger doll like American Girl except Disney doll, PJs, Little Mermaid megablocks, and princess sleeping bag.

I got my DGS, age 2 1/2 an "Elmo Knows Your Name" by Fisher Price. It came with a cd rom and computer cable so you can prgram your child's name, some of his friends names, his favorite foods, birthday, favorite foods, and color into Elmo, himself. When little Paul opens him up Elmo will mention him by name! He sings songs and tells stories too and when you're tired of the things you've programmed into him, you can change the format and have different stories, songs, etc. I am really excited to see Paul's face!!!

TC :cool1:

My DD will be 2 January 17, she has a bunch of little people play sets that she just loves, so I will get her a few more little people, we got her a few other things as well like a cabage pactch doll and my mom got her a baby set (stroller, high chair, ect...) she just loves to play mommy to her dolls just like I do to her 3 month old sister

Tuffcookie, DS is getting that Elmo too! Plus we are refinishing my old homemade wooden fridge and stove my dad made me when I was that age.
Fisher Price is a good bet, and DS loves Thomas the train. So he is getting a tent that looks like him.

Jacob will be 3 on New Year's Day, so I guess he'll only be 2 for a few days longer on Christmas. We've gotten him Geo Tracks. We'll need to get something else as well since he has a birthday, too, but I don't know what we'll get him. Probably just some basic toys like blocks.

DS will be 2 1/2 in January and he's getting an art desk with all kinds of art supplies. The rest of the christmas gift budget will be spent on him at WDW the week before Christmas. :)

From my dad he's getting some additions to his geo-trax set.

Blocks are good, too. DS plays with his duplo blocks almost every day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter