What are the Little things you MUST do on a Disney trip?

Hubby and I play transportation roulette. Start off at POR with the boat to Disney Springs for lunch, then to the bus stop and hop the first bus that arrives to a monorail resort. Yup, ride the loop to the poly for a dole whip. Ride the boat launch to the MK and ride the ferry to ticket and transportation center. Hop the monorail to the contemporary and grand Floridian to shop then back to the MK bus stop for a return to POR. Yea, we are a little crazy but it's fun to resort hop.

My daughter's (8) must do is eating a cherry snow cone from Japan. For me it's a bowl of lobster bisque with a glass of champagne in France. It's almost become sacrilege to go to Disney World and not do those things. We also ride Spaceship Earth at least twice per visit (first and last rides at Epcot). She's the only 8 year old kid that I know that regularly says "Thank the Phoenicians, they invented it!"

Everest is the only ride I've done every time I've gone, so it's a must for me. And technically Space Mountain..my very first time on it, it broke when I got seated. So I guess technically I've sat in Space Mountain every time :)

Look up!

As an engineer I notice detail, and just about everything at WDW is designed with detail in mind. And there is just as much detail over your head as there is in front of you.
So many people walk around with their nose in the map or following the phone GPS to the next ride/show/ADR/attraction that they miss what is around them.

Last edited:
Look up!

As an engineer I notice detail, and just about everything at WDW is designed with detail in mind. And there is just as much detail over your head as there is in front of you.
So many people walk around with their nose in the map or following the phone GPS to the next ride/show/ADR/attraction that they miss what is around them.

One year we made this our thing. We kept reminding each other, "look up!" Related to this is the almost as much fun, "look down". So much of my enjoyment of Disney is in the DETAILS. My uncle was a scenic artist for Disney Parks for decades. His work inspired my family's appreciation for these things that, as you said, many people miss.

Our must-do family thing is Splash Mt. We could never visit WDW w/o doing SM! Also, seeing the MK opening show at least once. I tear up every time!! As far as food.. our must-do is lunch at Les Halles in France Pavilion.

This is a fun thread! I look forward to continuing my reading through the rest of it.

Whenever I go to the Magic Kingdom in particular, I always make sure stay until after park closing. Many guests don't realize that the parks stay open an hour or more after the posted closing time and as they flood out of the gates Main Street becomes so peaceful with a lot of great photo opportunities! I enjoy grabbing a bite to eat at Casey's Corner about 5 minutes before the posted closing time so I can sit down and watch as the crowds exit the park. You can get a great view of the castle sitting at Casey's and it always makes for an unforgettable experience! I have a lot more little "traditions" I do after the park closes including saying goodnight to Walt/Roy and seeing the kiss goodnight. If your interested in those, check out this video I made which goes a bit more in-depth:
:). I've always been told that I'm a better talker than writer and I feel like this video can sum up my thoughts better than my words ever could.

I have to add a little thing that is a must do after staying at the GF is sitting and relaxing in their lobby to listen to the pianist & Grand Floridian Orchestra - they're both so amazing

Go on a walk in the early morning light to fetch hot coffee and coild milk for the wife and kids. To see the operation what is Disney coming to life.

Head to Ghiradelli's at Disney Springs for a cookies and cream in a chocolate dipped cone at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter