What are the most unique/special items you have had at a Disney restaurant?

lindeyspol

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide on PS for our upcoming trip. We have been several times but are looking for unique or special things that we can only find at Disney--like the peanut butter playdoh at Coral Reef, rice krispie sushi at CaGrill, white chocolate slipper dessert at 1900 Park Fare. Anything we shouldn't miss? Oh, for kids or adults. Thanks!

The pretzel bread and cheese soup at LeCellier in Canada are good.

Also, Dole Whips at Magic Kingdom.

The seafood wontons at 'Ohana are delicious, and I've never seen anything quite like them elsewhere.

Pistachio creme brulee at Jilo's in AKL. Very good, not outstanding, but I'm not a big fan of creme brulee.

Maple creme brulee at Le Cellier
Zebra domes at Boma
Citrus swirls in the MK (ok, you don't need a PS for these but you can only get them in WDW!)
Cream of mushroom soup at Kona Cafe- best ever, anywhere.

There are these cinnamon hot pretzels in Fantasyland that make my mouth water just thinking about them............:hyper: Oh and I thought of another one but I don't know if you can get it elsewhere (i think maybe you can), in France, the Coconut Pyramid............:love:

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

At 'Ohana in the Polynesian they serve a giant snowcone in a child's sand pail. It is multi-colored and comes with a sand shovel to eat it with. My DD could not finish it even with help from three adults. BTW, you can use a spoon . It's much easier than the shovel!

Where do you find cinnamon hot pretzels in Fantasyland? A food I haven't tried yet!! Sounds yummy!!

My daughter gets a big kick out of the Rainbow swirled bread they use for the pb&j sandwiches at Tusker House.

Originally posted by threeboysmom
Where do you find cinnamon hot pretzels in Fantasyland? A food I haven't tried yet!! Sounds yummy!!

I have only been able to find them at the cart outside Pinocchino's Village Haus. One of those junk food carts near where the big hat cart is...............:wave: Try one and say Hi to me, I normally circle like a buzzard, :rotfl:

QueenofCelts - THANK YOU!! I'll be on the lookout next week!

To contribute to this thread, my favorite/unique food is the KoKo Puffs at the Kona Cafe! Actually, ANY dessert at the Kona Cafe is awesome, but the KoKo Puffs are my personal favorite :)

Not a unique food, but the BEST I've ever had...

The last time I was at MK, there was a baked potato cart near the Hall Of Presidents (I'm pretty sure). The outside was salted & buttered & there was a huge selection of toppings (sour cream, butter, bacon, etc. etc. etc.)

My hubby & I lucked out b/c it just so happened that BOTH of the kids fell asleep in their strollers about 5 minutes before we found the potato cart, so we were able to sit & eat (and savor) our potatos without any little mooches!! ha ha

:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: :wizard:

Rainbow swirled bread at the Crystal Palace.

Also edible 18ct gold leaf at Victoria & Alberts. It was sitting on top of a chocolate pyramid.

Louise

Great thread! I can't think of anything much to add, except to say that I would definitely make a special visit to Le Cellier for the pretzel bread - wish I could find it somewhere else, because the rest of the meal was just so-so. And I want some peanut butter Play-doh! :p

The cardamom flavored chocolates at Jiko (and I'm not even a choclate fiend). Grapefruit cake at MGM Brown Derrby. The crisp bread and assorted dips at Spoodles. Kungaloosh at Adventurer's club (hic!). P.S. The last time my kids ordered the PB at Tuskers it was just those yucky Stuoffer pb frozen white bread things, not the rainbow bread.

Carla

Debbie, they had the pretzel bread at the Biergarten when we were there last. Not sure if you would enjoy the food any better but it is a buffet and cheaper than Le Cellier IMHO.

SG/Linda

Of course the obvious is Mickey Bars!! But aside from that I remember the first time I had Cobb salad at the Brown Derby it was awesome (they in fact invented it so its always nice to try it at the originator) My Dh & I enjoyed it sooo much he made it for our Christmas Eve dinner . I also love the PB&J shake at Prime Time. And all the soups and deserts at Boma. AHHH now I'm hungry.

Originally posted by TwingleMum
Of course the obvious is Mickey Bars!! But aside from that I remember the first time I had Cobb salad at the Brown Derby it was awesome (they in fact invented it so its always nice to try it at the originator) My Dh & I enjoyed it sooo much he made it for our Christmas Eve dinner . I also love the PB&J shake at Prime Time. And all the soups and deserts at Boma. AHHH now I'm hungry.

Oh yes! The Cobb Salads.........ahhhhhhh That paired up with one of their Bloody Mary's and they have a hard time getting me to leave, LOL :cloud9:

Green tea ice cream at Teppanyaki!! Wonderful, refreshing, get it EVERY trip!

New to us this year was a FABULOUS Scallops Au Gratin at Spoodles, we never go to a restaurant twice in one trip, but this time we did! Great!!

TTFN,
k

Originally posted by SlightlyGoofy
Debbie, they had the pretzel bread at the Biergarten when we were there last. Not sure if you would enjoy the food any better but it is a buffet and cheaper than Le Cellier IMHO
Thanks, Linda :) . Biergarten is one we haven't tried, so maybe it's time to give it a go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter