What are the "must eats" at Be Our Guest & Coral Reef

Clojel

DIS Veteran
We booked our trip kind of last minute so we weren't able to score the reservations we wanted but I lucked out today - 10 days before our trip - with a Be Our Guest reservation opening up on MDE!! So, I snagged it! What's the best things on the menu at BOG? Is the "grey stuff" ACTUALLY delicious? We are also eating at Coral Reef for the first time, too....what does everyone recommend there?

I LOVE the grey stuff at BOG. I’ve never had the dinner version though- just the lunch version which comes on a cupcake.

The grey stuff is an Oreo mousse type thing. Copycat recipes don’t do it justice!

ITA with @Txshadow that the Bailey’s & Jack mousse is fantastic. It’s one of the most delicious things I’ve ever put in my mouth. LOL! Superb.

At BOG dinner, I got the steak frites and enjoyed it very much. The garlic mayo dipping sauce they served with it was really tasty.

If you enjoy a good beer, you must order the Chimay Blue there. It’s made by Trappist monks. IDK who Trappist monks are because I haven’t had a chance to Google it, but someone posted here that they make awesome beer. The Chimay Blue I tried at BOG was incredible.

Other people in my group got the scallop and shrimp dish with pasta, the rack of lamb, and ratatouille. Everybody was quite happy with their meals.

For dessert, they bring a trolley full of cupcakes and eclairs. Each item is not bad at $5.

The Beast makes a grand appearance through the restaurant every half hour or so, then he meets guests of the Castle in the Library.

It’s a nicely done character meal. Fun, but not over the top. We celebrated a second birthday and it was wonderful! A great choice for a special occasion. :)

My favorite dish at BOG is the braised beef. It's really delicious, especially when paired with a glass of red wine. The steak is decent, but nothing super special IMO.

We booked our trip kind of last minute so we weren't able to score the reservations we wanted but I lucked out today - 10 days before our trip - with a Be Our Guest reservation opening up on MDE!! So, I snagged it! What's the best things on the menu at BOG? Is the "grey stuff" ACTUALLY delicious? We are also eating at Coral Reef for the first time, too....what does everyone recommend there?
The strawberry cupcake is the best thing on the menu.

BOG I love the braised beef and the masters cupcake. (The chocolate one with the grey stuff)

At BOG I love the French onion soup appetizer, shrimp and scallops dish for entree, and the Grey Stuff for dessert.

At Coral Reef I have gotten different things for the entree but always get The Chocolate Wave for dessert.

I don’t know how much of an adventurous eater you are, but I thoroughly enjoyed the charbroiled octopus at Coral Reef. One of my favorite dishes I had the last time I went to WDW.

Only ate at BOG once last week. French onion soup (if you generally enjoy it) was fantastic. Our waiter suggested getting it at TRex a few days later but when I mentioned I'd just had it at BOG he told me BOG's was SO much better than anyone elses. Steak was also amazing. DH had scallops and shrimp and said it was so so (my bite of his shrimp was pretty good). The desserts we tried were all amazing with the exception of the grey stuff. The mousse itself was good, but the edible crust tasted like cardboard. I watched with envy as my kids eat this amazing graham cracker crust on a lemon filled cake and chocolate ganache crust on their desserts.

I must agree with one of the above posts: Coral Reef - The Bailey's & Jack Daniels Chocolate Mousse is my dessert of choice.

I thought the salmon at Coral Reef was solidly good and would get it again.

BOG doesn't wow me, food-wise. The steak was ok, not great, but at least there's wine. Desserts weren't very appealing. When it comes to MK, I think lunch-type options are better and then leave the park for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter