What are the options for getting to the port and then to the airport?

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
I just realized we still have no idea how we're getting to Port C for our Freedom cruise, nor how we're getting to the airport at the end of the cruise.

Does anyone have any favorites for RCCL cruises? Thanks in advance!

Probably should mention that we're coming from Universal. Not sure if it makes a difference but I do like having all the info out there.

Check and see if RCCL has transportation arrangements to and from the airport. I would then compare their prices with the cost of hiring a driver.

Always check prices but I would bet after you pay to get to the airport to get on the RCI transportation it would be cheaper just to get a service to take you right from your hotel near Universal.

Thanks for the replies!

Just started looking around at the various services I've seen mentioned here, on cruisecritic, passporter, etc, and WOW is it expensive. Not sure why I'm fine paying $210 for DCL to run me around round trip (on their time schedule) but I'm balking at having private transportation take me on MY schedule. :confused:

Time to look at the rental car question again....

As an update, their transportation is from the airport (if I had booked a dreamworks universal package that would have been different) and it is 37.50 pp each way. Round trip gives a tiny discount.

Still mulling it over.

Our fight is 16 minutes too early to take their transport back to the airport.

For our Freedom cruise we are flying in a day early so we'll rent a car at the airport on the front end of the trip to drive to our hotel in Cape Canaveral. We'll turn it in the next morning and shuttle over to the port.

I'm opting to spend the extra coin on the way home and book a car service to take us back to the airport after debarking the ship. I decided I don't want the hassle of shuttling to the rental place, waiting in line for a car, driving to the airport, etc...

It will cost us about an extra $75 over the cost of a rental but the ease of just having someone else drive us and drop us off at the airport wins. Might as well stay relaxed after a week's vacation.

We did one-way rentals from Dollar both ways. Worked out pretty well for us, especially on debarkation day, because we had a late afternoon flight out of MCO, so we had a day to kill. Having a rental car gave us some flexibility, versus sitting at the airport all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter