What are the tickets like after you scan QR code at kiosk? How do you carry them around?

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
We're going to Universal in about a week and I'm curious how it will work once we scan our QR code at a kiosk. Does it print out paper tickets? Do we get 'credit card' type tickets? We also have Express Pass Unlimited... are there separate tickets for those?

Also, do you have any recommendations for an easy way of storing the tickets in a way that's easy to keep taking it in and out to scan for the Express Pass lines? I'm assuming you scan it anyway; it's been so long since we've been there!

The park tickets are paper. Not 100% sure about the EP, we usually get our with our hotel room and they now make your room key your EP, but I would think those are probably going to be paper, too.

Get some lanyards with clear holders. Preferably something that closes up (zip lock style or even a hard case with a latch) to keep your tickets dry if it rains or you want to hop on the water rides.

I'm not sure if the hotels are going to switch back to the paper ep again any time soon.

There was so much fraud happening with them.

Have you heard anything new going to happen soon for the ep?

We're going to Universal in about a week and I'm curious how it will work once we scan our QR code at a kiosk. Does it print out paper tickets? Do we get 'credit card' type tickets? We also have Express Pass Unlimited... are there separate tickets for those?

Also, do you have any recommendations for an easy way of storing the tickets in a way that's easy to keep taking it in and out to scan for the Express Pass lines? I'm assuming you scan it anyway; it's been so long since we've been there!

Are you staying onsite at UO?

There are 3 hotels onsite that have the perk of free unliminted ep for all on your reservations.
So not sure if you bought the unlimited ep or staying onsite

In March, the EP from the hotels was not a separate pass. You used your hotel room key card, and they scanned your face to compare to a picture taken. I think the picture is taken at the first ride where you use your EP. Before using your room key card this current round, they had paper passes with a picture printed on them. That picture was done at a kiosk at your hotel. The picture was usually completely worthless. Get lanyards with the clear plastic sleeve with a ziploc closure. They sell a lot of cute ones at the park, or you can buy your own, including the sleeves, from Amazon.

We had the paper printed tickets and I kept them in my lanyard. We used the hotel room key as our express pass so that was in the lanyard also but we kept the barcode facing out so we could just lift the lanyard to scan it.

We were there two weeks ago staying onsite at RPR, so we had express passes. I bought my park tickets from Undercover tourist though. When we checked in, we were given credit card type tickets that were both our room key and our express passes. I took the paper park tickets I had over to a desk in the hotel lobby, that said something like vacation planning and they were able to take the paper tickets and put them onto another credit card type card.

We bought lanyards before we left and we put the express pass facing one way and the park tix facing the other, which made it really easy to scan into the park and into rides.

OP what sort of tickets are you getting? I feel like we’re answering you based on having the normal ticket, but the answer is different if you have a printed out ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter