• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what are the upsides to your homes location?

No super close neighbors, lots of wide open space, truly dark at night so we can easily see the stars, no HOA rules to follow, can play my music as loud as I want to🙂

Quiet. Isolated street. Decent neighbors. About a mile to the grocery store. About 1-2 miles from every fast food place you could want. 2-3 miles from every restaurant you could want.
Bought the house 38 years ago, some how it is exactly 6 miles from where my MIL lived and 6 miles from where my mom lived (different directions). Both our kids have purchased their own homes in the past 3 years, both 6 miles from us (again different directions).
I'll be 64 in June, and I have never lived more than 6 miles from where I am today. This is the 4th place I have lived, the first two as a child with my parents. I don't move much

I can see Mexico, California and US marines and navy aviators go thru their bombing drills and other warfare tactics from my pool deck

our home is on a knoll, so perfect view of mountain range and grand sunsets and oh so close to the snakes!!!!

Location. We're in a very walkable town by Michigan standards, with a cute downtown full of nice shops/restaurants and (in non-covid times) a surprisingly good local performing arts scene as well as a beach, rail trail bike path, and kayak launch, all within easy walking distance of our house.

Outside the city limits in the county, so the quiet is the biggest upside. We have a liquor store, a restaurant, a deli/store, a pharmacy,a Sheetz and a Dollar General all within walking distance. There is also a bank within a 10 min walk. Anything more than that, we either have to make a 5 minute drive into town or about a 10 minute drive to the next city for Walmart and more restaurants. And the main road goes out to a highway, so the State plows are going by constantly as soon as snow starts falling.

Sidewalks for the kids, very quiet neighborhood and relatively quiet neighbors (lots of dogs though!), very close to a plaza with a grocery store, etc. Close to expressways. Love it here!

We are in South Jersey and a great location. We are 20-30 minutes from Philly, NY & Baltimore 2 hours, Jersey shore 60-90 minutes and have mountains within a couple of hours as well.
Our neighborhood is a mix of first time homeowners, families and empty nesters, a perfect mix.
Sounds familiar. When DH's company merged with another located in the Carolinas
he was asked if he wanted to relocate. He said no .Ask why ( cost of living & taxes were less) he told them even if our families weren't in the area , our location in SJ was a better fit for us.

We have a wonderful park within easy walking distance that has pretty much anything you'd think to include in a park... Fishing pond, playground, baseball fields, roller hockey/street hockey field, sand volleyball, basketball, football, soccer, paved trails, 2 pavilions, a pool with a diving board, and kiddypool/splash pad (I... think a splash pad replaced the kiddy pool but I'm not sure??) and they recently added disc golf. Multiple ways to walk in, to the point that it is much more pedestrian friendly than car friendly.

Our lot backs up to what used to be a cow lot, and then we have school district property behind that. On cooler evenings, we can hear the football games (kinda'... I can tell when they get a TD, at least. :) ) and I an hear the marching band practice if I'm home when they are actually practicing... the ping of the bats during the baseball games. We're far enough away from the major roads that while we can hear it, it's not constant, loud traffic noise, and can't really be heard in the house. The street iteslf is the curved part of a D or P so both ends of the street interest with the same street. It means that only those on our street use it, so very little traffic on the street itself. I love our location.

We live in a town that was rated on both best places to live in our state and country. Our neighborhood is one of the more desirable neighborhoods in town, houses sell even before being actively placed on market. Excellent schools, low crime, close to restaurants, shops, etc.

I'm 5 minutes from Disney... I can hear the ferry horn, electric light parade (pre-covid), see fireworks, etc. When I want to go walking, I go to one of the parks, or a resort. But I'm still in a total residential area (north of disney, not south in Kissimmee where the tourist things are), so it's a regular life when I want it, and vacation life when I want it.

I can be within a Disney World or Universal park within 30 minutes. I can watch fireworks from the Magic Kingdom each night (not now because of Covid). I can be at the beach on the Atlantic side or the Gulf side within an hour. I never have to worry about snow!

I live at the end of a dead end
I live next to a forest
I live close to grocery stores, drug stores and etc.
I live about 30 minutes away from Chicago

I'm 5 minutes from Disney... I can hear the ferry horn, electric light parade (pre-covid), see fireworks, etc. When I want to go walking, I go to one of the parks, or a resort. But I'm still in a total residential area (north of disney, not south in Kissimmee where the tourist things are), so it's a regular life when I want it, and vacation life when I want it.

We used to live next to Lake Hancock and had similar experiences.

The upside to my home is the beach. (the downside is that there is always sand in my house!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter