What are they doing to Pirates of the Caribbean?

mickeymark34

Disney Store Cast Member
I am going down there in September. I looked at the Calendar and noticed that not only The Haunted Mansion will be closed, which I obviously suspected, but Pirates of the Caribbean and the Blue Bayou will be closed too. Does anyone know if it just a minor refurbishment or is it something major. You would think that having two major rides closed down in New Orleans Square at the same time, something must be going on.

I dont know exactly all that they're doing to it but its gotta be pretty extensive because it will be down until almost Thanksgiving.

You would think that having two major rides closed down in New Orleans Square at the same time, something must be going on.

You would think, but things need to get done when they have a chance. HM goes down for the HMH overlay.

I've only heard far fetched rumors on what is happening in POTC. In truth all rides need a big refurb every few years.

Maybe they will find my $100 pair of Oakley Sunglasses that fell into Davy Jone's Locker. I went to lost and found every day after I lost them, and they didn't find them. I would laugh if I rode it and Captain Jack had them on!

It's for the new loop in POTC. :cool2:

I heard it's for the 120', 78-degree drop they're installing in the caves. The boats will come with shoulder harnesses and roll bars, and they're renaming the attraction, "POTC - SHOOT THE RAPIDS!!!". hawt. :laughing:

Weren't there rumors of them changing Pirates to include a new route that would show the Pirates in a cursed state?

The last time they did a large refurb on POTC was 2008 or 2009 so yeah it needs it. I'm sure it takes a while because they have to drain the water and stuff

Weren't there rumors of them changing Pirates to include a new route that would show the Pirates in a cursed state?

I've heard this, but for the WDW version. It's just another rumor.

It's more likely they need to close it to pick the thousands of pennies up that people throw in the water.

Maybe they'll put some killer mermaids in it? :rotfl:

OOOO I could totally see them putting animatronic mermaids in the water to jump out and scare us!

:3dglasses

I am disappointed that the ride will not be up and running when we are there, but I am so glad that gives me an excuse (another excuse) to go back!! :banana:

oooo....that doesn't sound fun to me...cursed state? If they do that I don't know if I would want to take my child to that ride!

OOOO I could totally see them putting animatronic mermaids in the water to jump out and scare us!

:3dglasses

I am disappointed that the ride will not be up and running when we are there, but I am so glad that gives me an excuse (another excuse) to go back!! :banana:

The Haunted Mansion has pop-up ghosts; PotC can have pop-up mermaids :scared1: :rotfl:

I imagine just a thorough cleaning of that ride could easily take that long. It's a LOT of waterway and pirate animatronic statue thingies to clean!

I'm really bummed that this will be closed for our trip in Oct. We are from the East Coast and had wanted to ride the rides that are different in Calif than Fl. Probably won't be able to get back to Calif for many years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter