What are they doing to Prince Charming Carrousel?

MaC410

DIS Veteran
It seems like it's been behind skrim for several months now. What are they doing to it that is taking so long?

Does anyone know exactly how long it's been behind skrim? Just seems like a really long time.

It was totally closed for a while in July. It reopened July 31. I believe it sustained some hurricane damage and had a refurb.

I can confirm that its been under the skrim since late Jan/ early Feb. It was without skrim during my Disney After Dark night, but had skrim the next day I was at the park.

We rode in January and it definitely needed work, things were looking rough, esp. peeling paint and dull colors.

No one seems to know when it will be done, but my sheer guess is yes, I bet it will be done by Dec. 1st. But, I only say that because of the length of time they've already been working on it.

Why isn't this listed on any of the closed/refurbishment websites?!! I checked every list again right now and it's not on any of them! I'm glad I found this out before we got there, my daughter will need time to be sad about this one!! Even the Lines App is listing it as open with a 6min wait. I'm so confused...

Why isn't this listed on any of the closed/refurbishment websites?!! I checked every list again right now and it's not on any of them! I'm glad I found this out before we got there, my daughter will need time to be sad about this one!! Even the Lines App is listing it as open with a 6min wait. I'm so confused...
It's not closed, it just doesn't look very attractive.

My kids rode it on Friday with the skrim. My dh was saying all the money it cost to make this custom made piece to cover up the work they are doing. Although I didn't hear anything, maybe they are working on it at night.

I think it does close sometimes. I watched a video yesterday from I think Saturday and the guy said it was closed. So maybe prepare kids that it "might" be closed.

Don't worry it's still open or at least it still should be open. It's just been behind skrim for half a year now haha

Some days it is indeed closed, we were there on July 10th and it was closed, with a sign out.

The carrousel was completely closed for refurbishment 7/10-7/30. It is back open now (but still behind a scrim).

Thanks everyone!! She won't care if it's ugly, she just wants to ride it! And we have five park days, so as long as she can ride it once we will have a happy camper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter