What are you buying on impulse?

What have you bought recently that was not necessarily financially savvy?

• Total voters
Well, my first impulse buy earlier this year started out with buying this cool art photo of Native American-inspired Star Wars stuff. It's painted by a Hopi artist. It's so stinking cool. I framed it and hung it on our wall.

And then, of course, it needed a friend to go with it. So now I've got a Mandalorian print, too...an art photo of a Mandalorian helmet totally painted all over with Hopi designs.

Next, I'm going to buy the stormtrooper helmet one. And then the Darth Vader one. And yesterday, I bought another of the artist's prints, but this one was a Hopi sun design in some colors that go really well with the R2-D2 and the Mandalorian helmet prints that I already have.

Also on a whim, I decided that our guest bedroom needed to be decorated Jungle Cruise style. On an impulse, I bought a "DANGER! HIPPOS" sign off of Etsy...then it snowballed into getting a Jungle Cruise map. And then a new duvet cover to go with the theme. And...and...and...

All I need now is a pith helmet and a pair of lamps that are Jungle Cruise-y.

This description sounds wonderful . Can you post picture of the artwork ? Can I search the artists name?

And was the J C Map on Etsy? I love JC and Maps to collect?

I did really good from March-June saving as much money as I could and pay down a couple small bills. Then came end of June and I broke and bought a horse! Dang it, like I needed another horse. Then comes July just 35 days after the horse purchase I turned around and bought a pool table for our rec room. Hopefully this will be it for big purchases for now. LOL
I bought a horse too.. 3yo Connemara pony.. really not a particularly sensible purchase and then pf course he needed a 3.5k saddle from the UK as we dont have saddles to fit here..aargh. What did you get ?

Horses are never a sensible purchase says my dh! LOL I'm not sure what type of pony Max is but he is 13.2-13.3 hands and 7 years old. I feel ya about the saddles. I'm also looking for one that fits Max. We're western riders and the saddles we have, the skirts are to long and rub his hips. So we need one with a small rounded skirt. And I don't like ordering them online.

We caught him taking down these boards in temporary stall trying to get out.

Horses are never a sensible purchase says my dh! LOL I'm not sure what type of pony Max is but he is 13.2-13.3 hands and 7 years old. I feel ya about the saddles. I'm also looking for one that fits Max. We're western riders and the saddles we have, the skirts are to long and rub his hips. So we need one with a small rounded skirt. And I don't like ordering them online.

View attachment 514602
He's gorgeous! And yes, too true although sounds more sensible than my buy (rising 4 pony for 1st horse...) Yep, saddler came out to fit him and that's what he "needed" lol

don't know if it qualifies as an impulse buy but since i had'nt planned on it-

i was going through and cleaning/straightening out my pantrys (yup, multiple and by types of foods) and realized that with the exception of just a 2 or 3 items i have all the non perishables i need for thanksgiving. when i was in a few stores that week i recalled how hard it was to find any canned milk last spring/early this summer and thought 'o.k. i'll grab the stuff i need for pumpkin pie'. no problem on the canned milk-but none of the stores have canned pumpkin of any size. so my 'impulse' buy was canned pumpkin (on-line) and the last few non perishables for thanksgiving (i also added in a few items we only eat in the winter but they were non on the shelves when the panic hit and i have not seen them readily replenished since).

View attachment 514602

Dangit, I wish I could find someone to impulse buy my horse that I've been trying to sell :rotfl2:

Can I just say I love the Whopper choice? Our BK is the best one ever and that darn app keeps giving me deals on stuff. So so much BK consumed this year.

I also marked cars. My odyssey was a planned purchase. Then I felt bad the hubs was driving a 17 year old van and I got him a CRV.

I avoided buying a Mandalorian night light the other day but have been thinking about it ever since, which means as soon as I get back to the store I’m buying that piece of future junk.
:yoda:

Yarn. I was never a stash knitter, and then the pandemic closed my LYS. So I did some curbside delivery to get me through lockdown, and bought some yarn over the internet when that project got done, and once the yarn shop opened, have been buying yarn faster than I can knit, so now have the yarn for half a dozen projects.

Lots of travel. However, I have not been to any hotspots since they became hotspots again. I feel like Im playing russian roulette.

Purchasing travel for future use? Packages or tickets? Just curious. I am seeing some amazing deals that are supposedly fully refundable but I have my doubts -- there always seems to be a hitch. I'd love to book something though and have it to look forward to!.

I've been getting more kitchen stuff. Bought a meat grinder that can handle chicken bones. My thought was to make homemade cat food for my kittens, but it gives them diarrhea. The grinder will still get good use. Also recently bought a great big mortar and pestle since I'm making a lot more Thai food these days.

Yarn. I was never a stash knitter, and then the pandemic closed my LYS. So I did some curbside delivery to get me through lockdown, and bought some yarn over the internet when that project got done, and once the yarn shop opened, have been buying yarn faster than I can knit, so now have the yarn for half a dozen projects.

I used to love to knit and crochet, but then we moved down south. My one DD lives in Boston, but I can only send her so many scarves and hats and things. So, no more buying yarn for me. OTOH, pay no attention to the stash of paper I have for card making...

I used to love to knit and crochet, but then we moved down south. My one DD lives in Boston, but I can only send her so many scarves and hats and things. So, no more buying yarn for me. OTOH, pay no attention to the stash of paper I have for card making...

I knit to knit, not to wear. I have far too many shawls. But someone suggested donating them to a chemo center. Because regardless of where you live, chemo can make you cold. And my church has a group that gives them to people who need the comforting hug of a shawl made with love - if you've lost someone, or are going through a bad time, the church ladies show up with a shawl. So now I look for soft comforting yarn unless I know what home the shawl is going to have before I start. The shawl I'm working on now is in colors I would NEVER wear myself, but its fun to knit and will brighten someone's day and the yarn is soft and fun to work with. The scarf on the needles is lace and would do nothing against the wind in Minnesota in January (its my mother's Christmas gift). The shawl I'm wearing now is a tweedy wool completely inappropriate for warm weather OR a comforting snuggle, but looks amazing (I love yarn shopping when we vacation South, because you get far more cotton, linen, and silk yarns appropriate for warmer weather, and far less wool)

An infrared sauna.... I've been wanting one for years (and years) and I decided this is the year it's happening. I did offset the cost using some credit card points, so there's that bonus. It's my 'travel to warm beaches in winter' replacement :rotfl2:

House stuff. New windows throughout (21), new roof (insurance paid most of it), removal of 5 trees too close to the house, now landscaping and exterior painting. Now I need to focus on inside the house. It’s an obsession.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter