What are you doing New Year's Eve?

We will be home; we always stay in on NYE. I am considering a marathon of all the star wars movies so I can remember everything before seeing the one in the theater. Need to float idea to hubs and see what he thinks.

We did the Star Wars marathon the day after Thanksgiving. LOOOOOONG day...it was fun, but make sure you get up and move a bit..I was so sore the next day from sitting on my bum for 12+ hours....

NYE - friend's of ours have a big bash. Food, drinking, poker, board games. We go every year. The kids all hang in the basement playing video games and the new Christmas toys, and the adults are all upstairs laughing. The host provides the mains and everyone else chips in sides. This year they are having wings, hot dagos, meatball/smokies, and I believe home made egg rolls. We are bringing pickle roll ups, chicken salad (these two are what everyone requests from me), and I am still looking for a third, unique option.

I cannot wait!!!! It is such a fun time!! And, we usually walk out with about $80 from poker winnings :)

I don't know the reason, but I think you may be right. I know my parents always went out to a big party or dance for New Years. They would never even consider staying home.
:scratchin Yes, I remember this well also...it was actually their only big "dress up and go out occasion" and maybe that has something to do with why it's not such a big deal any more? We go out all the time over the course of the year to various functions and social events.

As for us, we're hosting "Old-People's New Years Eve" with like-minded friends - in by 6, out by 10. No way can I make it to midnight and if I could I'd be spending the last hour just counting the seconds until everybody left...:thumbsup2

Our plan is to have all the dgds over, build a fire and roast marshmallows and hot dogs and dh do a few fireworks.

I'm actually running a 5k that starts at midnight. It runs through one of the huge Christmas light displays here. Even convinced my neighbors to do it with me!

I will be at home with my 3 year old & my 1 year old. My DH is working till 8. My kids fall asleep early, so once my DH gets home, it will be a night on the couch with Chinese food, beer, our annual Twilight Zone marathon :cool1:

I'm having surgery Thursday morning so most likely I will be asleep most of the day. If I'm up later I might try some pizza rolls and mozzarella sticks but that's not likely.

Wishing everybody a fantastic 2016!

Last edited:

DD14 is going to a friend's overnight. DD17 is going to the movie with her boyfriend, then coming home so he can go watch football with friends. So I will probably play games with her to keep her company. DH will probably be in bed before 10.

DH and I always go out for a nice (early) dinner, then we go home and play board games with out 4 kids. We also have noise makers and poppers that we do and I have to make the same finger foods for them each year. We have been doing this since the first was born.

We are letting our daughter have her friends overnight, maybe 6 of them so DH and I will probaby not get much sleep they are all teens. I will make a couple pizzas and chili cheese dip. Breakfast will be bagels with egg and pork roll. Wishing you all the best in 2016.

We haven't decided. During the day we might meet some family members with young kids for lunch (Chuck E Cheese yeah me) about an hour a way. We might also go into Boston to see some ice sculptures, skating show, and family fireworks at 7pm then go to a friend's house local to us by 8pm (fireworks are 12 minutes long then a bit of time to commute home) They have kids about the same age as my kids and one girl has a birthday in a few days so mother wants to do a birthday cake tomorrow night out of convenience etc. Chances are we will be home by 10ish then my dd15 and I will go to sleep around 12:05 and dd11 and dh probably before that. There are plenty of free activities in Boston but many that we used to do now seem too young and we prefer not to do adult only activities. DD15 would love to do the midnight fireworks and all I can think of is how cold it is and how awful the subway is going home with the crowds etc.

I
l'll be babysitting my two grandchildren like I always do. LOL My oldest daughter works 2 to 10 shift at the local nursing home so that means I have DGS 5 and DGD 3 here nearly every day and night. As usual she has to work and asked if I mined she go out with some co workers after work for few drinks. I agreed. I started a tradition 30+ years ago of splurging and buying shrimp for New Years eve. My grandchildren will be joining me. My grandson, Liam and I went to the little local market down the street yesterday and we bought shrimp, pizzas, nacho chips with salsa. Plus some root beer and ice cream for root beer floats. We will have our own little party for as long as they can stay awake.

Just my normal Thursday evening routine, which is,.....ah, ah,.......a whole bunch of nothing. Goofing off on the internet, watching a bit of TV, probably watching the ball drop from Times Square, maybe having some champagne.

Besides, everyone knows the REAL New Year's isn't until March 25. ;)

Have to be at work at 5:30 on New Years day so an early night and sleep for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter