What are you doing on the 4th

I will be holding the dog in my profile picture, because she hates fireworks. So we never go anywhere because we live next to a giant pond that is shared with about 10 different neighbors and several of them looooove fireworks. They have already begun celebrating. From mid-June to mid-July, almost every night the sky is lit up around here while my poor dog shakes and shakes. She's already on prozac, she already has xanax, she has a thunder shirt, she takes a special probiotic that is supposed to make her calmer, we have tried calming scents and essential oils and herbal crap and everything everyone suggests but my dog is bat sh*t crazy and she hates fireworks. I kind of hate them now too because of her. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just for a few evenings, let's call it July 1st - the 7th. What I don't get is fireworks are expensive! I don't understand why men like spending so much money on something just to blow it up, but what do I know? My autistic son also isn't a fan of fireworks but he's gotten better than he used to be. It used to be all tears and screaming, now with noise cancelling headphones he's okay. If only they made them for my dog too!

On the plus, our other cocker is young and has been exposed to so many fireworks already he doesn't care, they don't bother him at all. He growls at them a little because he's irritated they bother his sister dog, but aside from that he's chill.

No judgment from me @Timhags!
I’m glad you are recovered/recovering & hope you enjoy every minute of your 4th of July!

Thank you. Celebrate our freedom. That's what the holiday means to me. Enjoy family, friends and freedom.

I manage an Italian restaurant and I should close but do great business for some odd reason. My extra job bartending ( to pay for my Disney trips) it's the only night I refuse to work.

Family over for a cookout and pool time and then minor fireworks after.....so different from when we lived in WA. 100 people, fireworks for hours, games, lots of food. I miss it, but it was a lot of work. We did it for 25 years.
I do enjoy the small one too.......too much inside time, but it is too hot to go out unless you are in the pool

Going to a friend’s house who lives on the lake. We have bbq pork, brisket, burgers, hot dogs and way too much other stuff. When it gets dark, the fireworks start all up and down the lake. Been going nearly 20 years.

My BIL & sister will be visiting us. We're thinking of taking them to a huge flea market (their idea of fun not ours), then watching fireworks on the beach.

Independence Day Mass at 9:30.
The rest of the day I’ll play by ear.
I’m on call at the hospital so I’ve got to stick close by and keep the celebrating to a minimum.
I’ll be checking in with the disboards from time to time.
I fondly remember spending July 4, 1975 at the Magic Kingdom! America On Parade Bicentennial Celebration! The Hall of Presidents was “free”; no D ticket required!
Gerald Ford was the current President.

Last edited:
Brace yourselves for the extreme level of excitement......Eating french fries and watching fireworks from my driveway. I'll only have my middle dd with me. My youngest will be with my husband out of town where he works. Since he won't be home to grill I asked my dd what she wanted me to make. French fries was her reply. And pea salad cuz that's what is always made for any kind of holiday around here :) And we are lucky enough to live in a very small town that puts off fireworks just a couple of blocks from our house so the drive way it is!! We might live dangerously and hit the parade that morning. You only live once :):)

Visiting friends in Sullivan County, NY, and getting my Weber and open fire fix on. Going to pick up a couple of extra thick Porterhouse and ribeye steaks to throw on the fire (literally) today and make my "secret recipe" version of potato salad, and a veggie dish (will see what looks good in the produce section) to take with us.

Nice quiet days planned err except for the night we'll celebrate David Bowie's life's work. It's an annual thing some of us do and I hope never to stop:).

Going to step daughter's for the first official shindig in their recently purchased home. This is a violation of our long standing All-American tradition of going out for Chinese food on July 4th. I'll supposed we'll have to do the Chinese food bit on the 3rd or 5th.

I'm another who has no interest in seeing fireworks. It lost its appeal years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter