What are you doing with your leftover Christmas ham?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Bought a delicious Wellshire Farms spiral ham for Christmas dinner last night, but we have sooo much leftover!!

In desperate need of your favorite ham recipes for our leftovers!!

Are you familiar with the hash browns casserole? I'd cube some small chunks of the ham and add it to the mix. Ham is good with almost anything.:love:

Ham and cheese omlettes, ham and spinach puff pastry pockets, and ham au gratin potatoes!

split pea soup
ham, potato, cheddar chowder
ham, broccoli and mac and cheese casserole

Send some to me! I dearly love ham. DW will eat it, but not a big fan. So we only have ham maybe a half dozen times a year. This year we did Lobster Macaroni and Cheese for Christmas dinner. Just DW, DD and I this year, and DD will eat seafood, but otherwise is vegetarian so we wanted a main course we all would eat.
We did have a ham for Thanksgiving, but we got a very small one. I just heated up the leftover slices. Thanksgiving we had a full house, with varied eating issues. We had a Tofurkey for DD. We had Ham for DDIL who is allergic to turkey, and turkey for everyone else.

Scalloped potatoes and ham
Ham and Bean soup
Ham salad
Denver omelets
Ham and cheese sandwiches
Ham and eggs

Thank you! Please keep the recipes coming! We had ham & cheese omelettes for breakfast. I might make that casserole a few of you mentioned & might also try to make ham salad later this week.

This was my first time making a baked ham, so I've never had so many leftovers to work with!

I threw it away after the meal was done. Bought a different brand than I have in the past, and didn't like it. Not worth it to keep, just to throw away later.

I threw it away after the meal was done. Bought a different brand than I have in the past, and didn't like it. Not worth it to keep, just to throw away later.

Oh, that's too bad :( Ours was awesome. We got it at Whole Foods on sale for only 3.99 per pound, but the smallest one we could find was 9 pounds & we are only a family of 4 (2 of whom are toddlers), so we have a ton leftover!

We had homemade mac and cheese with cubed ham in it for lunch and I'm making ham, potato, and corn chowder for dinner. I'll make ham salad with the rest.

I cut up leftover ham into small freezer bag portions. I slice it up, dice it up and throw the big middle portion in another big freezer bag.
At times, I'll make a ham, cheese, spinach quiche, beans and ham soup, mac n cheese with ham, grind up ham for ham salad.
I just like making ham and cheese slider melts.

Throwing it away. Not because I wanted to but .....

My MIL was visiting from out of town. The main meat we had for Christmas dinner was filet of beef but she made a ham too so we also served that. MIL likes to use our garage - or patio stoop - as a huge refrigerator/freezer even though we have an extra refrigerator out in the garage. She put the leftover ham out in the garage on a shelf last night. Well, the temperature got up to over 60 here today (unseasonably warm for this area this time of year) so the ham didn't stay cold. I didn't want to risk getting sick so I threw it away.

I grilled steaks yesterday but did have a small carving ham for ds. Tonight I was going to use the leftovers for soup, but dh requested grilled ham and cheese sandwiches tonight.

Ham and bean soup is my personal favorite.
Also ham and green beans.

Personally, I love slicing it thick, frying the pieces in butter and then putting them in a sandwich with some cheese and grilling. So delicious.

Definition of eternity: 2 people and a ham.

Freeze slices and take it out to make something when ham sounds like a good idea again!:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter