• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you eating at Animal Kingdom?

I would love to try Satuli Canteen but I have a super picky child in the group. Maybe I can pack him a lunch?

We have a somewhat picky kid too, but he does love the cheeseburger pods at Satuli, However, we often have 2 AK days, and eat at Satuli twice, and he doesn't want them twice. So we have let him get Pizzafari (not open right now, ) or last trip, he got the burger/fries at the place in Dinoland, and we ate at Satuli. takes a little more time, but do-able. Good luck!!! (we also have a lot of food for him to eat in the room, his standby favorites,)

Pre Covid the card has worked. Not sure about now. We snagged a reservation just in case.
What's weird to me is sometimes the Landry's place get all befuddled with reservations placed through Disney. I've had that happen at both Y&Y and Rainforest in the past, but as soon as you pull out the Landry's card it all gets straightened out....
Of course, they've never lost my reservation when I've placed it through them and not Disney. 🤣

We closed AK last week... As they were shuttering the outdoor bar, we wandered by and picked up 4 bags of Doritos and a couple alcoholic drinks. Perfection.

Last week we rope dropped FOP and Navi then hit Pongu Pongu for a breakfast sandwich with a Pongu Lumpia. Hit the spot before our trek to Everest where we rode 10x in a row! We cancelled Yak n Yeti TS and instead did the QS which we later did Tiffins for dinner. I think AK has far better options than MK.
What is the TS cancellation policy now? I’ve looked and looked.

Not exactly sure. But I just assumed it was the usual and I cancelled more than 24 hrs so wasn’t charged.

I do have a Landry's card. I didnt realize that would help not having a reservation!

With my Landry member number, I was able to call Yak and Yeti directly and make reservations. They are also offering 1.5 points for gift cards through 12/31 on Landry...I earned a reward before we are leaving :-) . They do take gift cards (I asked)

Pre Covid the card has worked. Not sure about now. We snagged a reservation just in case.

Smart. Recent reports indicate that now with limited seating it is not a guarantee that the card will work for getting seated.

We've always eaten in our room (fruit/granola bars and in room coffee) or taken the same stuff in our pockets or bag for breakfast.

Flame Tree and Satuli are both super options - and yes, you can share the meals at Flame Tree, especially the combo. Satuli is like a Pandoran Chipotle, and we love the different options.

For snacks (or even breakfast-ish), we also love the TamuTamu stand, and the roasted almonds/nuts across the path from it. Starbucks also has fun cupcakes and desserts. I don't love Everest, so I typically get us beverages and a snack there while my kids ride that one.

I would love to try Satuli Canteen but I have a super picky child in the group. Maybe I can pack him a lunch?
Definitely don’t hesitate to pack your child a lunch if needed. My DD was super picky (and at 19, has improved SOME) and we never had any issue anywhere on Disney property (or off, for that matter). Just make sure to take good care of your server if it’s a TS restaurant.

Nomad Lounge for SOMETHING. The chicken manchurian and impossible sliders are just too good to pass up.

AK has some of our favorite places to snack/eat, perhaps because it's my absolute favorite park. We love Nomad Lounge and make a point to visit at least once on every visit to AK. Satuli Canteen is wonderfully unique and delicious. Flametree BBQ has some great food options and generous portions. Eight Spoon Cafe is great, too (not sure if it's open right now). We liked the food and drinks at Pongu Pongu. Zuri's Sweet Shop in Africa has some really cool sweets and desserts. We loved dining at Yak & Yeti, especially getting a window table on the 2nd floor. Mr. Kamal's has some interesting choices as well.

Now I want to go to AK. 😭

I wasn't able to get Yak & Yeti reservations on our Animal Kingdom day and I'm having trouble planning our meals for that day. What are your favorite things to eat for:
Breakfast:
Snack:
Lunch:
Breakfast: the quick serve by Yak & Yeti. They have pretty good breakfast bowls.
Snack: AK is usually our Mickey Bar day. :mickeybar
Lunch: Flame Tree or Satuli would be my choice.

Definitely don’t hesitate to pack your child a lunch if needed. My DD was super picky (and at 19, has improved SOME) and we never had any issue anywhere on Disney property (or off, for that matter). Just make sure to take good care of your server if it’s a TS restaurant.

So Im allowed to give my son a packed lunch like an uncrustables at a table service restaurant? He is noticeably disabled so perhaps they would be lenient. That would open up a lot of choices for us!

So Im allowed to give my son a packed lunch like an uncrustables at a table service restaurant? He is noticeably disabled so perhaps they would be lenient. That would open up a lot of choices for us!
There are a few posters here who will shame you for it, but Disney does not mind at ALL. We always tipped extra if DD brought her own, so the sever still got paid for that seat. Nobody at Disney (or any place else) ever made us feel bad for it. You go anywhere you want and don’t let anyone shame you for it! Have fun!!

Breakfast: the quick serve by Yak & Yeti. They have pretty good breakfast bowls.
Snack: AK is usually our Mickey Bar day. :mickeybar
Lunch: Flame Tree or Satuli would be my choice.
What??!? Breakfast bowls?? At the Yak and Yeti QS or next to it? What kind? This sounds like a great option for my family. Thanks for the info!!

We aren’t big breakfast eaters so usually just do breakfast bars in the room. We drive so just bring our own. Lunch is Satuli hands down. Best food in quick service in the park. Pineapple lumpia for a snack, or the ice cream cookie sandwich.

We stayed at AK in November and ate from pre-made items bought at the store while at the resort as nothing else was open except Saana, which was impossible. Elsewhere eating was not a problem = lots of availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter