What are you getting at the ice cream shop?

Mint chocolate chip or peanut butter fudge (the chocolate with chunks of peanut butter, not peanut butter ice cream with fudge chunks.) For soft server, vanilla with sprinkles. I'll do a hot fudge sundae also but I now need someone to share a banana split with. Love them, I just can't eat the whole thing any more.

Ideally, a No Way Jose from Beaches & Cream.
Ice cream with both Hot Fudge and Peanut Butter topping.

Depends on where I'm going. If it's something simple, just one scoop in a sugar cone, although I'm finding cones are harder to find these days.

When I was younger, it would be a bunch of places I'd go to. Of course Baskin Robbins, where my favorite was the strawberry shortcake sundae with an extra shot of whipped cream. It was the shortcake on the bottom with strawberries and then a scoop on top followed by the whipped cream. Another place was Edy's in Berkeley, which had a really good lime freeze. It was a lime sherbet on top of soda water with lime flavoring. And then Swensen's, which has pretty much gone away.

But the legendary place was Fenton's Creamery in Oakland. It was actually quite inexpensive back then, and I could eat an entire Fenton's Special back then, although my favorite was the parfait, which was made of several layers of ice cream and sherbet. But the signature item was the Banana Special which is a massive banana split.

5d189bf5e4644a7545c42b1a80a09b7e.jpg

Still - not my favorite flavor, which would be butter brickle, which is really just a butter toffee flavor with little bits of butter toffee.

I have my favorites at different places:
Carvel; Chocolate cone with sprinkles. I also like their wet walnut sundae.
Andy's Frozen Custard: Caramel sundae with vanilla ice cream, banana and crushed nuts. And chocolate concrete with sprinkles.
Rita's: Chocolate custard with sprinkles

My standard go to ice cream is a hot fudge sundae with extra hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry on top.

If I’m at DQ - Brownie Batter Blizzard
if I’m at Coldstone - Birthday cake overload

My kids love Superman ice cream. When we were traveling over the summer we had dinner in a little diner in Moab. My son ordered a Superman malt. All those colors mixed together turned a very unappetizing shade of gray; it looked like a glass of wet cement.

Theres a local company that has a couple ice cream shops where I live. All the ice cream, sprinkles and cones are homemade. They have great flavors but my absolute favorite is Blueberry Toast Crunch.

Black cherry if they have it. Single in a cake cone.

There is a place where we go camping that has Milky Way ice cream which is super good. Single in a waffle cone for me if we go there.

superman???? like in punch or it takes a man to handle the fruit punch...because there is some awful commercial fruit punch.

We have a Superman ice cream that's been at a local place that's neon blue, neon red, and neon yellow swirled together. As a kid I (& everyone else) swore each color was a different flavor. My kids today swear it's different flavors. But, nope, I had it as an adult and the entire thing is vanilla. Even had a conversation with the employees and they said everyone thinks it's 3 flavors but it isn't. I think I've accidentally ruined a couple of my friends childhoods with this shocking news. 😅

We live in a NJ seashore town. Our nearby store will be closing this weekend for the season, and I’m getting a chocolate ice cream soda with chocolate ice cream. May get one on Saturday and another on Sunday…that will be it until next spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter