• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you into, but not many know ?

Romance novels.

And, after watching "Black Sails," I'm verrrry much into pirates.

And, if it's a pirate romance novel, even better...

Everyone knows I love old movies.

I play Minecraft. I started with my kids. Sometimes we still all play together. I like building houses. :)
Me too! My kids and I were just playing bed wars on Hypixel together last night, but sometimes I play Minecraft by myself in creative mode (I'm really into finding and customizing woodland mansions right now, my daughter and I currently have 3 worlds going where we are collaborating on woodland mansions together), and sometimes on a community survival server.

Another thing that only a few people know about me is that I really like reading a specific genre of mystery books called "cozy" mysteries. I don't really talk about my reading preferences too much so not too many people know about it, but I am a dedicated fan of cozies, I have a couple favorite series that I have read over and over since I was a kid.

Me too! My kids and I were just playing bed wars on Hypixel together last night, but sometimes I play Minecraft by myself in creative mode (I'm really into finding and customizing woodland mansions right now, my daughter and I currently have 3 worlds going where we are collaborating on woodland mansions together), and sometimes on a community survival server.

Another thing that only a few people know about me is that I really like reading a specific genre of mystery books called "cozy" mysteries. I don't really talk about my reading preferences too much so not too many people know about it, but I am a dedicated fan of cozies, I have a couple favorite series that I have read over and over since I was a kid.

define "cozy mystery" for me, please

I play World of Warcraft. Gaming is absolutely accepted and “cool” now, but really only my husband knows that I am a WOW nerd! :laughing:
Me too. DH got me started 12 years ago as something to do together. Took some time off while DD was younger after ROtLK and have been back since Legion. I'm just about to login now, DH is raiding. Time for wine and WoW.

define "cozy mystery" for me, please
It's a formulaic genre, usually with a female protagonist. Usually takes place in a small town, begins with a murder that the protagonist has to solve with some down-home wisdom, and involves a plucky, eccentric cast of characters. There is usually no sex, depravity, or romance in cozies, you could describe them as feel-good mysteries. Agatha Christie is one of the best known authors of cozies. If you are interested, the series that I've read over and over are: the Cat Who series by Lillian Jackson Braun, the Kate Jasper mystery series, the Jane Jeffries mystery series, Goldy Bear mysteries, and Meg Langslow mysteries. That first one, the Cat Who series, has a male protagonist who is modeled after Burt Reynolds (may he RIP), the other mystery series that I mentioned are more girly.

If you are in to old movies right now, 2 of my favorites are Bringing Up Baby and His Girl Friday and I highly recommend anything with Danny Kaye, especially White Christmas and Hans Christian Anderson.

I love old movies too!

I also love spooky, haunted stuff. Halloween is coming soon! :yay:

Hurricanes.

I'm currently re-reading a book about the 1935 Labor Day hurricane in the Florida Keys, still the most intense storm at landfall in US history.

80th anniversary of the 1938 Long Island/New England hurricane coming up in two weeks.

I like to watch foreign tv series on Netflix. It starts off mostly Spanish ones to help me since I don’t use my Spanish much any more. Now I have expended to other ones like Swedish, Denmark etc. Love the historical melodramatic ones the best.

Also I still follow lots of Disney and Universal and vloggers almost daily even though my trip is over

Last edited:
B-rate horror flicks that remind me of my childhood. Things like "Ants" "Piranha" "Ticks" "Killer Bees" and newer ones like "Lake Placid" and "Deep Blue Sea" I don't like real horror movies, they're too much for me. But these are just good fun. lol. And I love the cheesy one-liners and sometimes even the poor acting. :) I'm a dork.

I love reality tv. Real Housewives of anywhere, Teen Mom, Teen Mom 2, Amazing Race etc.

ive been fascinated lately with learning about the mob families... useless information in my world and no one to talk to about it. i also have always been into biographies, never had anyone with the same interest. i just love learning how others live and why they do what they do. maybe thats why i like the dis so much. many different ppl and opinions here! :D

I play The Sims 2 almost daily and I collect toys/dolls from my childhood. It's not an out of control collection, it's very small and it is only certain toys/dolls. Nobody knows but my husband.

nothing that people don't know about.
They know I like murder mystery books, Disney to obsession, baking, coloring, cruising, cross word puzzles, B sci fi movies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter