What are you missing? What do you hope and pray comes back to Disney?

Well, a few things here are not gone due to COVID changes, but I still miss them and can't wait for them to be back!

*Epcot Monorail
*Train Rides at MK!
*Representative cast members from all different countries
*Columbia Harbour House
*Anytime you wish park hopping
*Resort hopping for activities/meals other than TS meals with an ADR
*"Real" Meet & Greets for my autograph collecting DS
*Old-fashioned pin trading with CMs--again, for my kids

Reactions: nyy
"new" things I hope stay:

Distancing in lines (and elsewhere)
Wide availability of hand sanitizer
Distancing of tables in restaurants (looking at you, San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, Chefs de France)
Mobile order
Cavalcades
Surprise character appearances (like Pooh chasing butterflies behind the fence at EPCOT)

I agree with these, too! The way some TS were packed in before was awful. AND, I really love surprise character appearances, and would love if they kept more of those around to help fill in the gaps on days when actual Meet & Greet lines are long.

And quite honestly, I prefer the cavalcades to actual parades. I know, I know, most of you now think I'm crazy ;) 🤪 but man alive, the parades can require incredibly long amounts of wait times if you want a "good" spot and they make an absolute mess of a good chunk of park. I like that people aren't lining up all of their worldly possessions on the sidewalks for 3 hours in advance of a cavalcade ;) and that they come and go quickly---and more often, too. :)

#1. For us, it's the Winnie the Pooh buffet at Crystal Palace. I realize it's a huge wish, but I'm still wishing it!

#2 The Epcot Kidcot Fun Stops ... Have the maybe returned by now? How about the kids' Passports? Are they still selling those?

#3 The Luau at Polynesian

#4 The Disney Magic ... We sort of feel like it's disappeared a bit, maybe it's just us. It seems like EVERY thing is solely becoming about their films anymore, Norway turns into Frozen, Mexico is probably Coco based, but I haven't checked, France becoming Ratatouille focused, the Canada movie is out, which means it's probably going to be turning into a Brother Bear theme or the like, the Polynesian is all about Moana now, the Contemporary is Incredibles influenced, Artist Point in WL changed to a character meal and got rid of their Copper River salmon, which was heartbreaking to us. I miss the days when Epcot was about learning more about other nations, the people, the language, the flags, the souvenirs, the architecture. It was the one place we could go in Florida, and really feel a world away. So many changes, but not many that tickle our fancy.
Just three words: Disney's Magical Express!

-Morning and evening EMH for all on-site guests.
-Night time parades.
-International cast members for EPCOT.
-Magical Express with luggage check from the resort.
There are a lot of other things, but these are the big ones for me.
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

For restaurants:
  • Boma
  • 1900 Park Fair
  • Columbia Harbor House
  • Akershus (we really like the Norwegian/Swedish/Scandanavian food)
  • Kona ---- can I have the menu from about 3-4 years ago back?!?!?! I know it is open, but I hate the current menu.
Other things:
  • More of the in park entertainment (Monsters Inc show, Beauty and the Beast show, Nemo show, Indy show, Turtle Talk w Crush) - Those were great for a place to sit down for a bit out of the sun. And to suck up crowds from other parts of the park.
  • Epcot Monorail
  • package delivery to the resorts

Minnie Vans, Buying New AP's, Flying Fish, Jiko & Victoria and Alberts, and would love if Circle of Flavors came back to Animal Kingdom, we had the best time!

Dorothy and the Mad Hatter. Bring them back and I will bring back my daughter wearing the shiny red shoes. The Hatter greeting her repeatedly, "Hello Miss Red Shoes," is one of my most vivid memories.

I would love to see the entertainment that was typically scheduled for the Food and Wine / Flower and Garden Festivals return. Bands like Starship, Night Ranger, Boys II Men, Sugar Ray, etc.

BOMA buffet...do not want it to become another family style when it reopens.

FP+...without the price tag

The Wave since I think it is not only being refurbished, but "reimagined"....why can't they leave a good thing alone.

And I know its premature, but will sorely miss the great benefit of Magical Express.

FP+
Evening EMH
Longer night hours in general
Crys Palace bkfst & H&V buffet
Street performers
Personal space. Agree 1000x. Dont get there faster by actually standing *against* ppl in front of you!

Live Entertainment at Epcot
Live Entertainment at Sudios
Live Entertainment at Magic Kingdom
Live Entertainment at Animal Kingdom
Monorail
Package delivery to the resorts

The piano player that was in the Brow Derby.

Reactions: nyy
Character Meet and Greets
Parades
Shows - MK Stage Shows, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic, Indiana Jones,
Character breakfasts - Crystal Palace (Is a tradition in our family), Garden Grill, Akershus, Ohana with characters, 1900 Park Fare
Boat from SSR

Characters that my kids could hug! Or at least get close.
Jedi Training
Akershus with Princesses visiting tables

Luggage service with DME - that was truly a magical service. Also being able to check in your luggage on the return was wonderful.

I know it’s an industry wide issue, but daily housekeeping.

I miss buffets of course but this trip I noticed menus were so limited. Especially when mobile ordering QS. TS would have 3-4 entrees at most. I hope Disney dining comes back from this.

I will go back, but not soon.

what several others have mentioned (FP+), but also... quick service lunch at Be our Guest Restaurant! Loved the lunch we had there - best ambiance for a QS ever if you ask me!

FP+
Not having to have park reservations
Park Hopping whenever we want
Will miss Magical Express next year
Will miss APs if they don't come back

I have waited YEARS to be able to do Disney the way I've always wanted--longer trips with less planning. I finally retired in 2020 and had just bought our first APs right before the shutdown. We had planned on doing several trips using those APs and wanted to go for 8 days each trip. We wanted to do Disney a little more spontaneously. Maybe plan several of the days with FP+ but save 2-3 days for just whatever we wanted to do when we woke up. Well, with required park reservations, that's impossible now. With no FP+, I feel like we have to rope drop everyday to get the 3 rides done that we would have done with FP+; whereas, with FP+, we could have slept in and gotten to the parks later. For our November Food and Wine trip, I was hoping we could hop into Epcot for lunch each day. With no park hopping until after 2:00 p.m., that's impossible. Next year, I will miss Magical Express for our two trips. And whenever we decide to go back after next year, I will miss APs, just because they provide more freedom and are such a good value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter