What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today some Mormon missionaries knocked at my door and gave me this. Well I might as well read it...

522794_2903230339997_1237620211_32404415_128551473_n.jpg

:rotfl: let us know how it ends:banana:

I know this is a book thread but I have to ask. Has anyone seen the Hunger Games yet? :) I saw it at midnight. I really liked it!

I know this is a book thread but I have to ask. Has anyone seen the Hunger Games yet? :) I saw it at midnight. I really liked it!
I haven't seen the movie.....I'm just finishing up the first book, which I really like. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie with one of my DD's that have read the books (on my recommendation because of this thread!!!)

I'm currently plowing through all of the J.D. Robb books. I tried them a few years ago and thought, "Meh," but gave them a second chance this year and have been loving them. Guess I'm more in the mood for murder and mayhem. I'm up to Divided in Death.

I also just finished Legend, by Marie Lu. It got a lot of buzz as being a worthy successor to the Hunger Games, but it just didn't grab me.

I'm really looking forward to the 5th Kingdom Keepers book, which comes out April 3. This one takes place on the new cruise ship.

I love to read! Right now I'm reading "One Bad Apple" by Sheila Connoly. Next up, I can't remember the name of the book but the author is Hope Ramsey. The last book I read, by Barbara Freethy, was "Suddnly One Summer". I usually alternate between romance and cozy mysteries. I want to try some "chick lit", though. Any good recommendations? I don't like to think too much when I read, so something light.

I love to read! Right now I'm reading "One Bad Apple" by Sheila Connoly. Next up, I can't remember the name of the book but the author is Hope Ramsey. The last book I read, by Barbara Freethy, was "Suddnly One Summer". I usually alternate between romance and cozy mysteries. I want to try some "chick lit", though. Any good recommendations? I don't like to think too much when I read, so something light.
Emily Giffin is light & fun to read.......at least for me it is. She wrote Something Borrowed, which was made into a movie.

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it! LOVED Woody Harrelson and Lenny Kravitz and it being filmed in my state made it feel very real and familiar. I had wondered how they would do the flaming dresses- very neat.

Saw "The Hunger Games" last night and was pleasantly surprised! They stayed very true to the book. Of course, there were some details that were different, but nothing I couldn't live with! Loved the casting. I'm not a Woody Harrelson fan, but he was magnificent as Haymitch! Lenny Kravitz was a wonderful Cinna, as well! I can't wait to see this movie again! I took my two teenagers to see the movie and they both loved it, as well.

As for reading... I finished "Afternoons with Emily" which started off slowly, but really picked up and caught me before halfway through. If you like the poetry of Emily Dickinson, this would be a good book for you to read.

Now, I'm reading "The Big Year" by Mark Obmascik. It's about a group of men that spend a year trying to "watch" as many species of bird as they can. It's non-fiction, but it reads very easily! Apparently it's been made into a movie, as the cover of my book features Jack Black, Steve Martin and Owen Wilson. Sounds like it's going to be a comedy.

Now, I'm reading "The Big Year" by Mark Obmascik. It's about a group of men that spend a year trying to "watch" as many species of bird as they can. It's non-fiction, but it reads very easily! Apparently it's been made into a movie, as the cover of my book features Jack Black, Steve Martin and Owen Wilson. Sounds like it's going to be a comedy.

FYI, I saw that at Redbox this afternoon.

As for reading, recently read Lisa Unger's latest - ok. Read Deborah Crombie's latest - pretty good. Just put 11/22/63 and Joshilyn Jackson's latest on my kindle, but then dd stole it because she lent her Hunger Games to a friend.

I just finished Maine. It wasn't too bad. I'm working my way through The Washington Post's best books of the year.

It was one of those books where the ending left me puzzled but, overall, it was an enjoyable read.

I finally finished "The Age of Innocence" by Edith Wharton. I've been meaning to read it for years, and finally downloaded it to my Nook. It was just ok.

I'm also halfway through "The Big Year." This one I really like! Although it's non-fiction, it reads really easily! I can't wait to check out the movie.

I just finished Fifty Shades Darker (Book 2 of the Fifty Shades of Grey Triology). I'm starting Book 3 tonight. These books have really sucked me in! :laughing:

I just got finished reading The Help and I loved it so much. I also really liked the movie, usually I'm picky when it comes to movies being turned into the book but this one was well casted, well acted and deserving of all the winnings and nominations this year.

Just finished I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella. Overall, I liked it but thought it was rather slow in parts. It definitely isn't my favorite by her. Now it's on to Trail of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz. I'm hoping that this is as good as the rest of the series.

Finished The Hunger Games. Very glad that I read it & will definitely read the other 2 in the series. Will also see the movie.

Just started A Summer Affair at lunch today. Only a few ages in but it seems like it will be a good & easy read.

Leaving for a 2 week vacation on Saturday including a week at WDW so I'm looking forward to getting a lot of reading done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter