What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt the same way about him too! I LOVED that book so much. I think Reese and Robert Pattinson are actually good choices, I think Rob will be much better in this role. I'm excited to see what they do with the movie.

I respectfully disagree. Rob does not look at all like he's Polish. The man I pictured in this role had a round face, blond hair and blue eyes. Basically, like a lot of my family members since we are of Polish descent. Couple that with the fact that Pattinson is a horrible actor and I don't see his portrayal in this to be wonderful.

I hope that I am wrong.

I also thought The Apothecary's Daughter was good.
(I love Historical fiction)

Who is the author? There are 4 different authors who wrote a book titled "The Apothecary's Daughter."

I respectfully disagree. Rob does not look at all like he's Polish. The man I pictured in this role had a round face, blond hair and blue eyes. Basically, like a lot of my family members since we are of Polish descent. Couple that with the fact that Pattinson is a horrible actor and I don't see his portrayal in this to be wonderful.

I hope that I am wrong.

Hmm yeah you have a point, he definitely doesn't look Polish! :goodvibes He does look like how I pictured Jacob though since in the book he has reddish hair and Rob looks like he as at least close to that color in the stills from the movie. I don't think hes a TERRIBLE actor but certainly not the best ever haha. I dislike Reese more, I think they should have picked someone a little younger but she will do a good job I'm sure. Hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised :)

I had to take a break from The Distant Hours. I really love the story but it's just dragging. I'm going to finish it but I need a break. I grabbed 5th Horseman, by James Patterson and should get through that pretty quickly.

I can't believe I'm only finding this thread now. Anyway, I am currently reading "The Regulators" by Richard Bachman/Stephen King. Next on deck is "I Am Number Four" by Pittacus Lore and "Shutter Island" by Dennis Lehane. These are all library ebooks that I have to read before they expire(3 weeks). Then I'll go back to finishing up "Dragonfly in Amber", Outlander series #2 by Diana Gabaldon.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a book light? One that I could use on my Nook as well as dead tree books?

I am reading Tick Tock by James Patterson right now. I am a huge Alex Cross fan, and Michael Bennett is fairly new to me. I am not liking him too much right now.

After this, it's on to Water for Elephants.

I finished "Teacher Man" by Frank McCourt, and really enjoyed it! Not as depressing as "Angela's Ashes."

Next up in paperback is "On the Beach" by Nevil Shute. On my Nook, I'm reading "Etched in Bone." I'm really liking that one! Guess we'll see about "On the Beach."

I finished "Teacher Man" by Frank McCourt, and really enjoyed it! Not as depressing as "Angela's Ashes."

Next up in paperback is "On the Beach" by Nevil Shute. On my Nook, I'm reading "Etched in Bone." I'm really liking that one! Guess we'll see about "On the Beach."

Great reads. I love Frank McCourt. I enjoyed Angela's Ashes more after I listened to the audio. Frank McCourt put the proper spin on the book. I read it very differently.

Memoirs of a Geisha a really great read.

Just finished the Twilight Series. I must say the ending was kind of a let down.

I have a bunch of other stuff on my Nook, just need to decide what to read.....

Thanks!!!

Just finished Water for Elephants. The author's note at the end of the book has me hating Thomas Edison right now. How irrational is that?? LOL.

This was a fabulous book, but I will have a hard time seeing the movie I think. I think Reese Witherspoon and Christoph Waltz were excellent casting choices though; I'm not sold on the vampire (whatever his name is... LOL!!!).

Debating whether or not I want to start reading Late, Late at Night or if I want to wait until my Kindle finally gets here and read something on that :goodvibes

I loved Water For Elephants! I can't wait to see the movie, though I am the opposite of you, I can't stand Reese Witherspoon, but like Christoph Waltz and Robert Pattinson!

I'm reading Stacey Schiff's Cleopatra right now (very enjoyable) and next up on deck is The Good Daughter by Jasmine Dar-someobody-or-other.

Just wondering.........do they ever have coupons for Nookbooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter