What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started the last book of the Tales of The City Series by Armistead Maupin called Mary Ann in Autumn.

Next 2 books on Deck: Maybe The Moon by Armistead Maupin
The Bridge by Doug Marlette

Yesterday I finished "Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen," by Susan Gregg Gilmore. It was a nice book. Our book club picked it out, and honestly, I'm not sure what we're going to find to discuss in this book. Oh well, at least I read it.

Next up is "Whispers and Lies" by Joy Fielding.

I finally got down to reading The Help. I liked it and probably rent the movie later. I am thinking of reading the Christmas Cookie Club. It was something I grabbed earlier from a Borders sale.

I read Irrefutable by Dan Roberts. It was very much like a JD Robb/Nora Roberts book--wonder if she has a new pseudonym. It was pretty good if you like Nora. It's a mystery--free download.

I'm reading Sixteen Wives. Eh, ok enough to keep me reading, not can't put it down good.

I read Irrefutable by Dan Roberts. It was very much like a JD Robb/Nora Roberts book--wonder if she has a new pseudonym. It was pretty good if you like Nora. It's a mystery--free download.

I'm reading Sixteen Wives. Eh, ok enough to keep me reading, not can't put it down good.

I'm a Nora Roberts fan, so I'll look that up.

I'm reading "The Castaways" by Elin Hildebrand. I'm finding it very interesting.

They previewed the movie version at the Breaking Dawn premiere. Daniel Radcliffe stars in it!

I was wrong about the title. It's, Woman in Black, by Susan Hill. Sorry about that. I put that aside for now.

I'm reading another by her. It's a collection of short stories, The Random House Book of Ghosts Stories. Someone recommended, Woman in Black, and I found this. It's really good. I have read some of the stories to the kids. Not super scary, but the kind of scary that makes you pause.

Still reading, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert T. Kiyosaki. It's dry. Good information. At times, light. Drags a bit for me, but I want to finish it.

Make the Bread, Buy the Butter, by Jennifer Reese. Was this recommended here? It's good! I love the author's sense of humor. I might try a recipe or two. I'm about 1/4 in.

I usually don't read several at a time. But it's helping me stay with the draggy book.

Finished The Watchers by Mark Andrew Olsen this afternoon. Next in line is Summer Island by Kristin Hannah.

I'm finally rereading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone! It's the only HP book I haven't read more than once and it's been ages since I read the first one!

I'm finally rereading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone! It's the only HP book I haven't read more than once and it's been ages since I read the first one!
I got one of my DD's the hardcover boxed set for Christmas this year......well, actually, it's from my mom & dad. Hers have been read so much that they are falling apart.

I've got a question for all of you. I'm looking for a good series for my daughter. She's almost 21. She's reading Hunger Games and has gotten tired of the House of Night.

Any suggestions?

The upside of me not being able to travel for Thanksgiving because of not feeling well was that I was able to start reading again. I've just finished reading The Shack and now I'm reading The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan.

After that, I have Ree Drummond's book The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, A Love Story and Jaycee Dugar's book A Stolen Life. Not sure if I can actually get through it though.

I just started reading "The Last Templar" by Raymond Khoury. It's fast-paced, and very well-written! I'm enjoying it, a lot! A bit "Da Vinci Code", but I like it a bit more!

Finished Home In the Morning the other day. I'd give it about 2 1/2 stars & that's being generous. I stuck it out because it would start to get better so I figured I'd keep going, then it would drag.

It was written very strange........no dialogue in the book at all. I'm not sure who the "narrator" was. I think it was the main character. :confused3

I understand what the author was trying to portray in the story, but it was kind of blah. It was sent in the early 1960's, mainly in Mississippi and dealt with whites, blacks and Jews (I know not politically correct to state it that way, but that's what the book referred to).

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this book. It was really blah and ended without any fanfare at all.

Currently reading Love The One You're With by Emily Giffen.

Just finished Lori Lansen's The Wife's Tale. Excellent book and a very easy read. There was never a dull moment. I am now reading She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. Really good so far. It sucked me in on the first page

Just finished Lori Lansen's The Wife's Tale. Excellent book and a very easy read. There was never a dull moment. I am now reading She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. Really good so far. It sucked me in on the first page

I read that when I was pregnant with my DS12- I could not put it down and I was SO tired but stayed up late reading until I finished it! I re-read it about a year ago. Very good book!!!

I read that when I was pregnant with my DS12- I could not put it down and I was SO tired but stayed up late reading until I finished it! I re-read it about a year ago. Very good book!!!

I enjoyed it too. Surprising how well he wrote from a female perspective. I had a hard time putting it down too.

I also enjoyed another novel of his, I Know This Much Is True. It was a darker book. Complicated characters. Sad and moving.

He's a good author.

I finally bought the Hunger Games trilogy and received that today to open on Christmas. I bought those in hardcover, so my kids could read them when they get older.

I'm on here looking for another book to buy for the Nook for me to read.

I just finished Sarah's Key and loved it. Was very emotional for me, so I'm looking for a lighter read or something that doesn't resemble real tragedy. Those stories need to be told, but I need a break between them.

I finished The Breathtaker by Alice Blanchard yesterday. It reminded me of an episode on Criminal Minds this season where a serial killer was killing his victims around the appearance of a tornado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter