What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my last book....now I HAVE to get Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich for my IPAD before we leave for our next trip!!! I wonder when her next spin-off book about Diesel will be released?

Just finished my last book....now I HAVE to get Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich for my IPAD before we leave for our next trip!!! I wonder when her next spin-off book about Diesel will be released?

I just finished Sammy Hagar's autobiography, Red. Fascinating read! Especially when he joined Van Halen.

I just started "When the Devil Whistles." The main character is a young woman who is a professional "anonymous" whistleblower. She gets jobs temping at large corporations then hacks into the computer system looking for dirt. Her boyfriend is a rock musician and she seems to be infatuated with the corporate attorney who is the front man for her lawsuits.

There are subtle similarities to the Dragon Tattoo trilogy but the plot is not as complicated and it's lacking all the Scandinavian names!

I think I downloaded it for free, however it's now priced at $3.89 for Kindle. I haven't had much luck with Kindle freebies lately but this one seems promising so far.

I'm reading Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by Robert K Massie. Very well written biography, reads almost like a historical fiction.

I went to the bookstore after the movies and got the Biography of Louisa May Alcott and The Duchess. My husband got the first book to the Hunger Games so I may have to snag that when he is done.

"Wrestling Reality: The Life and Mind of Chris Kanyon Wrestling's Gay Superstar" by Chris Kanyon and Ryan Clark

Such an amazingly powerful and tragic story so far, everyone should read this book, I was fighting back the tears after a page and a 1/2.

"Wrestling Reality: The Life and Mind of Chris Kanyon Wrestling's Gay Superstar" by Chris Kanyon and Ryan Clark

Such an amazingly powerful and tragic story so far, everyone should read this book, I was fighting back the tears after a page and a 1/2.

Thanks for the suggestion! I am going to put it on my wishlist.

A friend recommended the Percy Jackson series to me, and they are available as e-books from my library, so I am reading through those. They are similar to Harry Potter, but don't really have Rowling's depth of plot and character. Maybe they are aimed at a younger audience (even though main characters are basically the same age). Still a fun, quick read so far. I just started book #3.

I'm reading "Have a Little Faith". Next will be "The Art of Racing in the Rain" then hopefully my wait for "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" will be be over. I'm 44 on the list. lol If not then I will read "The Eighty Dollar Champion".

I'm reading The Art of Racing in the Rain right now, and I just purchased Wishin' and Hopin': A Christmas Story for my Nook.

I finished Executive Power by Vince Flynn this morning. While it wasn't as action packed as others he's written, it did not disappoint.

I finished Executive Power by Vince Flynn this morning. While it wasn't as action packed as others he's written, it did not disappoint.

I like his books. They get better and better as the 'series" moves along. He was supposed to have another book out this fall but he is battling cancer and that has delayed his book.

I downloaded Art of Racing in the Rain not long ago (last week maybe?). It was on Nook for $1.99 or something like that. I haven't read it yet.

I am half way through Nora Robert's new book "The Next Always". It's part of a new trilogy. It's a typical Nora book.

Finished "The Last Templar" and really enjoyed it! The ending was a bit contrived, but I've learned to expect that from these kinds of books. Oh well, it was still a good read!

After that I read books 3 and 4 of the Princess series by Meg Cabot. Fun and fast reads that my daughter recommended.

Now, I'm reading "Ireland" by Frank Delaney. It's our book club pick for January, and I need to get it done before the rush of Christmas. Hope it's a good book!

I'm about 140 pages into Discovery of Witches. It's really SLOW. I don't hate it, but I got it from the library and it's due Wednesday. Not really sure I should get back on the waiting list (when there's a waiting list, you can't renew past the original 3-week borrowing period). It seems like the author is taking forever to tell something that could be dealt with in one chapter. Will it get better? Should I get back on the waiting list so I can finish it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter