What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
about 75 pages into the first Kingdom Keepers book. How many are there in the series?

As of now, there are 5. I enjoyed reading them, and looking forward to the next one. :goodvibes

Currently reading "The Best Of Me" by Nicolas Sparks. Wow, talk about a tear jerker ...

Just finished The Soldier's Wife and getting ready to start The Escape.

I really enjoyed The Soldier's Wife, although the ending was a little less than satisfying.

I'm reading, Seriously -- I'm kidding, by Ellen DeGeneres. It's a light read. Fun and light.

I'm reading, Seriously -- I'm kidding, by Ellen DeGeneres. It's a light read. Fun and light.

Seems like this would be a good book to read next.

I am reading The Founding (The Morland Dynasty) by Cynthia Harrod Eagles. It is set during the The War of the Roses. Apparently this is the first book of the Morland family and the next books take you through years of British history with characters from the Morland family.

I started "Eighty-Dollar Champion" last night. I'm almost done with it. I am sad to see it end.

Someone recommended it on this thread. Thank you whoever you are! :)
Ellen cracks me up.

I finished Family Ties by Danielle Steele this morning. It's a good book to read at the beach. That's not where I read it though.

I finished Family Ties by Danielle Steele this morning. It's a good book to read at the beach. That's not where I read it though.
That's kind of how I've felt about a lot of Danielle Steel's books. I call them my "fluff" books.

I just finished "The Scottish Prisoner" by Diana Gabaldon this afternoon, its one of the Lord John Grey series.

Very very good book, fleshes out a lot of Jamie's time at Helwater in the "Voyager" era. (Outlander fans will know of what I speak...LOL) I now feel like I have a lot better understanding of his time there.

Tomorrow I shall start on the newest Kathy Reichs Temperance Brennan book, "Flash and Bones". :thumbsup2

Why did no one warn me about the IASW part in Kingdom Keepers?? Worst nightmare! :scared1: :laughing:

Has anyone ever played Epic Mickey? That game makes me a little freaked out by that ride as well lol.

I finished The Help. I loved it! I also read and just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain. I also enjoyed that.

I just started Before I Go To Sleep. Seems interesting so far...a little like Groundhog day but maybe with a scary twist to it???

I just finished "The Scottish Prisoner" by Diana Gabaldon this afternoon, its one of the Lord John Grey series.

Very very good book, fleshes out a lot of Jamie's time at Helwater in the "Voyager" era. (Outlander fans will know of what I speak...LOL) I now feel like I have a lot better understanding of his time there.

Tomorrow I shall start on the newest Kathy Reichs Temperance Brennan book, "Flash and Bones". :thumbsup2

I wish she would stop writing those John Gray books and just get on with the rest of the Claire/Jamie series :lmao:

I think I'm going to read some Christmas books now. First up, the Amazon Kindle freebe, The Santa Shop.

BTW, I'm getting my Kindle tonight. YAY! I have 189 books in Amazon. It's probably going to take forever for them to move to the Kindle. lol

I wish she would stop writing those John Gray books and just get on with the rest of the Claire/Jamie series :lmao:

INDEED!

Whenever someone asks on her website or Facebook page WHEN the next Jamie/Claire novel is coming out, she patiently reminds them that it's always about a 3-year interval between books, so we should see the next one at about the end of 2012 or very early 2013.

I always want to post "Well if you would stop screwing around and writing all the Lord John books/short stories/anthologies and just GET IT DONE maybe it wouldn't take so long!!!"

INDEED!

Whenever someone asks on her website or Facebook page WHEN the next Jamie/Claire novel is coming out, she patiently reminds them that it's always about a 3-year interval between books, so we should see the next one at about the end of 2012 or very early 2013.

I always want to post "Well if you would stop screwing around and writing all the Lord John books/short stories/anthologies and just GET IT DONE maybe it wouldn't take so long!!!"

I hear you. I didn't even know there was a new Lord John book out, so this just went on my Christmas list. I'm impatient as all heck for her to finish the main series. Get on with it already.

But here's a sad story about that: I volunteer in a nursing home and I read to a lot of patients. I got one lady started on the Jamie/Claire saga and we blitzed through all of the books in a few months. When we got to the end of Echo, I had to tell her that there were no more, but maybe next year (or the year after). Sadly, she died a couple of months ago without finishing the series.

I'm not that old, but I started reading the books in 1993 or 4 and she was up to Voyager at that point, I think. I keep hoping I'll live to see the end of the series!

I finished The Bridge by Doug Marlette and I really liked it.
Will be starting Maybe The Moon by Armistead Maupin.

Why did no one warn me about the IASW part in Kingdom Keepers?? Worst nightmare! :scared1: :laughing:

Has anyone ever played Epic Mickey? That game makes me a little freaked out by that ride as well lol.

haha, I know what you mean. I haven't played Epic Mickey in a while-I think I was stuck on that part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter