What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a cool thread! I think I'm going to re-read The Hunger Games (again) after I finish Water for Elephants. :cloud9:

I just finished The Secret Life of Bees (very good read, on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7) and I'm currently reading The Mermaid Chair. I'm having a hard time focusing on it. I'm not sure if it's been the distraction of the holidays and being tired or if it sucks:rotfl:

I really didn't like The Mermaid Chair. It really didn't come up to The Secret Life of Bees, for me, and I expected more out of the author.

I haven't posted for a while. Christmas, and real life, got in the way.

I've finished reading "Ireland" by Frank Delaney. It was interesting, and parts of it I absolutely loved. Especially the real Irish legends that were told. The other part of the book was not well done. It stretched the imagination, and made me a little angry with the author.

I also read, "The Archer's Tale" by Bernard Cornwell. Good book!! Can't wait to finish that series!

Now, I'm reading "A Thread of Grace" by Mary Doria Russell. This is a story about WW2, and the people of Italy who helped save and hide Jews toward the end of the war. It's very well written, and I'm enjoying it a lot!

I just finished Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. It was definitely different and odd, but it hooked me from the start and I enjoyed it. To make things extra creepy, I had the TV on Antiques Roadshow while I was reading the last of the book. Would you believe that when I glanced up, the guest was showing her collection of "peculiar" photos of circus sideshow people? :eek:

Now I'm finally beginning Little Bee by Chris Cleave which has been on my list for over a year.

I saw that book somewhere recently (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children). It looks interesting! I think I might put it on my list. :)

I have a question for all of you who have Kindles. Is a Single a short story? I downloaded Amy Tan's Rules For Virgins and it wasn't very long at all.

I just finished When She Woke by Hillary Jordan.

Its a novel of the not-so-distant future, with several chilling :eek: (terrifying), not so hard to imagine "what ifs". A powerful and highly recommended book, but HOOOOLLLLYY COW!! Not for DISBoards discussion, it would break several of the Very Important Rules, but really worth the read.

I just finished When She Woke by Hillary Jordan.

Its a novel of the not-so-distant future, with several chilling :eek: (terrifying), not so hard to imagine "what ifs". A powerful and highly recommended book, but HOOOOLLLLYY COW!! Not for DISBoards discussion, it would break several of the Very Important Rules, but really worth the read.

Sounds good, I put it on my wish list:banana: Just finished The Mermaid Chair. Really didn't like it, it bored me. Right now I'm reading Hollywood Scandals by Gemma Halliday. Really enjoying it. Its a light read and reminds me of a Janet Evonivach book. I'm enjoying it, lots of humor

Just finished The Mermaid Chair. Really didn't like it, it bored me.

Read it 2 years ago and didn't like it all all either!

Just finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King. WOW! What a great book!
Not sure what to read now, I didn't want this one to be over.

I am 90% through The Girl Who kicked the Hornet's Nest. I'm on the waiting list so I can finish it. In the mean time, I read War Horse last night. I started it when I got home from work and finished it before I went to sleep. I really liked it.

I plan on reading The Hunger Games next but I really want to finish The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest first. I think I might read The Art of Racing in the Rain while I wait.

I finished Spider Bones by Kathy Reichs this morning. I've read one other book by her and enjoyed it too. If any of you are fans of the tv show Bones, this author inspired that show.

About halfway through Dark Rivers of the Heart by Dean Koontz. I think this is going to be one of my new favorites of his. :thumbsup2 It is an older one, and some of the technical stuff is a bit dated now, but still a great plot!

Just finished Those Guys Have All The Fun, the book about ESPN.

About to start Four Decades of Magic: Celebrating The First 40 Years of Disney World.

Sounds good, I put it on my wish list:banana: Just finished The Mermaid Chair. Really didn't like it, it bored me. Right now I'm reading Hollywood Scandals by Gemma Halliday. Really enjoying it. Its a light read and reminds me of a Janet Evonivach book. I'm enjoying it, lots of humor

I didn't care for the mermaid chair either. I forced myself to finish it.

Just started "The End of Everything" by Megan Abbott.

I will report back when finished.

Ugh don't bother.

Another book I kept reading because I kept waiting for something to happen and then finished it just for the sake of finishing it.

I just started "The Count of Monte Cristo" (because I'm watching Revenge and heard it is based on this ;))

I recently finished The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta and Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. The Leftovers had a great premise, but definitely did not live up to my expectations. The character development was lacking and the ending was rushed. Unbroken was a great read. One of the best books I've read in a long time, fiction or nonfiction.

I recently finished The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta and Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. The Leftovers had a great premise, but definitely did not live up to my expectations. The character development was lacking and the ending was rushed. Unbroken was a great read. One of the best books I've read in a long time, fiction or nonfiction.
I am currently reading Unbroken. As someone else posted, it took about 100 pages to really engage me but now.... OMG! I can hardly put it down. What an incredible story. It's my first non-fiction book that I've actually to read ever.

Read it 2 years ago and didn't like it all all either!

Just finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King. WOW! What a great book!
Not sure what to read now, I didn't want this one to be over.

Hi Sandy!

I was thinking about getting that one, but haven't yet. My sister is a Stephen King fan, so I usually get her the books and then read them when she is done.

Right now, I am reading The Help, because my kids got it for me for Christmas. I didn't think I would like it, but I am getting into it and the characters are interesting. I like it more than I thought I would, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter