What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read it 2 years ago and didn't like it all all either!

Just finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King. WOW! What a great book!
Not sure what to read now, I didn't want this one to be over.

Ohhh, I have that one on my wish list also...I'm just always leary of Stephen King books. Sometimes they just drag on and on I feel for the sake of making a long book and just creating lots of pages but glad to know you enjoyed it. Maybe I will do that next:banana:
I didn't care for the mermaid chair either. I forced myself to finish it.

me too. I almost want to ask for my money back. I liked the Secret Life of Bees but The Mermaid Chair just drug on and on. That author (Sue Monk?) really likes symbolisim in the form of statues, doesn't she?:rotfl:

Hi Sandy!

I was thinking about getting that one, but haven't yet. My sister is a Stephen King fan, so I usually get her the books and then read them when she is done.

Right now, I am reading The Help, because my kids got it for me for Christmas. I didn't think I would like it, but I am getting into it and the characters are interesting. I like it more than I thought I would, so far.

Hi Deb!
I loved The Help and dragged DH to see the movie with me!
I'm not really a Stephen King fan, but a lot of people were recommending 11/22/63 to me. I was happy with the way it ended.

I finished, Scared to Death, by Wendi Corsi Staub. I thought it was pretty well done. I was way off base. I didn't know who the perp was. Ofcourse I found out it was a trilogy and I read it out of order. Oh well.

I'm going to read, Live to Tell, and then, Hell to Pay, by her as well. I usually like to reserve Wendi Corsi Staub books for summer reading, great thrillers for the beach. But I was in the mood.

I haven't been in the mood to start, Steve Jobs. It's so huge. And while I'm interested, I just can't can't get started yet.

Finishing up the 3rd in the Stephanie Plum series - quick reads and very enjoyable, but I don't think I can read all 18 in a row, lol.

So after I finish Three to Get Deadly, I'd like to reread the Hunger Games and then move onto Forbidden by Ted Dekker (loved his Black trilogy) and then True Colors by Kristin Hannah (similar to Jodi Picoult).

Since Rush Home Road is getting such great reviews, I'd like to squeeze that in somewhere too.

Ugh, so many books, so little time!

Anyone ever read The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum, it was written in the 90s, I just come upon it by mistake.
The events and Characters seem to real, I think it might have been somewhat true but doesnt want to get sued, The book leaves e spent every time I read part of it, I just feel sick for this poor girl. Im not recomanding this, in fact DONE READ IT, its a great book but it tears you up inside. anyway has anyone read it, whats your thoughts ? Im just about finished

I'm reading The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory. I read The Other Boleyn Girl around Christmas and now I've gotten hooked on her books! :goodvibes

Anyone ever read The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum, it was written in the 90s, I just come upon it by mistake. The events and Characters seem to real, I think it might have been somewhat true but doesnt want to get sued, The book leaves e spent every time I read part of it, I just feel sick for this poor girl. Im not recomanding this, in fact DONE READ IT, its a great book but it tears you up inside. anyway has anyone read it, whats your thoughts ? Im just about finished
I think I saw this title on Netflix last night while browsing. Is it a book too? I seem to remember in the description that it said based on true events.

Well, I broke down and bought 11/22/63. I've gotten so spoiled with all the cheap and free books it pained me to actually buy one. :rotfl::rotfl: Going to start it tonight. Looking forward to reading it.

I read Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It's the first book of a series. I picked up the first three at a thrift store but I'm not sure that I'm going to read the other two. I know a lot of people like her books but the verdict's still out for me.

Today I finished Sinister Sprinkles (one of the Donut Shop mysteries) and started Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin.

I am reading Rain of Gold by Victor Villasenor. It is a very good book with vivid scenes and a true plot line (the author based the story on his parents). The interesting part is the book is very violent yet the love story is sweetly romantic and old-fashioned. It creates a strange of contrast, like the action is so brass and yet their relationship is more innocent.

The weird part is I am in a part of the book that I don't like and I kind of want to rush through it. I am so ticked I let my husband use my kindle when I just found a website that gives free books and he has been hogging the thing since early December!

I am also reading 11/22/63 by King. I received a Nook Tablet for Christmas and this was the first book I bought for the Nook.

I am enjoying it so far:thumbsup2

I am also reading 11/22/63 by King. I received a Nook Tablet for Christmas and this was the first book I bought for the Nook.

I am enjoying it so far:thumbsup2

It is a good book isnt it....I have had to put it down for a bit due to other things going on, but hope to finish it by the end of the month...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter