• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading a 99 cent Kindle book named "Mill River Recluse." So far it's the best 99 cents I have ever spent! It's about an elderly woman who is a reclusive millionaire. I won't give away any of the plot but I am finding it fascinating...it's a quick easy read.

Husband brought home a Anne of Green Gables movie for me while I have the flu so I am re-reading the series. Right now I am on Anne of Avonlea before going into Anne of the Island.

I am reading a 99 cent Kindle book named "Mill River Recluse." So far it's the best 99 cents I have ever spent! It's about an elderly woman who is a reclusive millionaire. I won't give away any of the plot but I am finding it fascinating...it's a quick easy read.

Ohhhhh, that's on my list also. It's only .99 cents? I'm glad to hear you are liking it. Maybe I will try this next:banana: I just finished A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson. It was a good read, lots of twists and turns. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 7. Right now I am reading Flat Out Love by Jessica Park. I've only read the first couple of chapters but I'm really enjoying it. It has made me laugh out loud on several occassions:rotfl:

After talking to some of the ladies at work I decided to download The Hunger Games trilogy. I had resisted because I didn't think a young adult book would interest me. Boy was I wrong!! I read the entire trilogy in 3 days!

After talking to some of the ladies at work I decided to download The Hunger Games trilogy. I had resisted because I didn't think a young adult book would interest me. Boy was I wrong!! I read the entire trilogy in 3 days!

I know, me too:lmao: What fantastic books:banana:

I am a mystery-lover, and I am currently reading The Winds of Change, by Martha Grimes.

I had pre-ordered some books from Amazon months ago, and forgot about them until one arrived yesterday and one arrived today! So happy! Both of them are mysteries, too. One is Joanne Fluke's latest - called Cinnamon Roll Murder - and the other is Kerry Greenwood's latest in the Corinna Chapman series - called Cooking the Books. Kerry Greenwood is an Australian writer who has two series, this one set in present-day Australia and another one set in the 1920s with Phryne Fisher as her heroine. I love both of them!

Teresa

Finishing up Cross Roads by Fern Michaels then on to The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen. I need to give the Hunger Games another go. I've started and stopped it twice, but can't seem to get past the first 10-20 pages.

Finishing up Cross Roads by Fern Michaels then on to The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen. I need to give the Hunger Games another go. I've started and stopped it twice, but can't seem to get past the first 10-20 pages.

It took me a bit to get into it and almost gave up as well but I just remembered everyone saying how great it was so I kept going. Glad I did because it did get a lot better.

Don't get much chance to read, but my kids have gone thru the trilogy as well, so I picked up "The Hunger Games" and am reading it now. Anxious to finish it and see the movie!

Just Finished The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks which I enjoyed. Going to read Home Front by Kristen Hannah.

I'm reading a book on feminist archaeology called What this Awl Means. :thumbsup2

I read this one and really liked it. :goodvibes

Just started reading Conquistadora by Esmerlda Santiago. It seems good from the start.

After reading a few too many 99 cent and free Kindle books, I was feeling a little brain dead so I scoured by library's e-books last night and found this one that I've been meaning to read.

I finished The Night Circus last week, and LOVED it!

I finished Sarah's Key last night and it was decent. I liked the first half of the book better, and found myself wishing the author would have kept the same format going for the entire book. The second half was okay, but not nearly as compelling as the first.

I started reading Anne Rice for the first time ever today...maybe I should have read it in my obligatory middle school goth phase, but instead I was drawn to her novels due to falling in love with the city of New Orleans after my recent trip there-I heard that her books really capture the magic of the city. I am starting with Interview With The Vampire. I am about 70 pages in and am enjoying it so far, although I'm finding it a bit slow-going. Any Anne Rice fans on here have any input? I'm not sure if I will be compelled to finish all books in the Vampire Chronicles, but we'll see!

P.S. Random...but...I HATE mass-market paperbacks! So annoying to read. First world problems, I know, but I really hate how these books feel in my hands and the way the paper and ink look.

I am a mystery-lover, and I am currently reading The Winds of Change, by Martha Grimes.

I had pre-ordered some books from Amazon months ago, and forgot about them until one arrived yesterday and one arrived today! So happy! Both of them are mysteries, too. One is Joanne Fluke's latest - called Cinnamon Roll Murder - and the other is Kerry Greenwood's latest in the Corinna Chapman series - called Cooking the Books. Kerry Greenwood is an Australian writer who has two series, this one set in present-day Australia and another one set in the 1920s with Phryne Fisher as her heroine. I love both of them!

Teresa

I love her books! How is this one? Guess I'll be putting it on hold!

I finished Sarah's Key last night and it was decent. I liked the first half of the book better, and found myself wishing the author would have kept the same format going for the entire book. The second half was okay, but not nearly as compelling as the first.

I started reading Anne Rice for the first time ever today...maybe I should have read it in my obligatory middle school goth phase, but instead I was drawn to her novels due to falling in love with the city of New Orleans after my recent trip there-I heard that her books really capture the magic of the city. I am starting with Interview With The Vampire. I am about 70 pages in and am enjoying it so far, although I'm finding it a bit slow-going. Any Anne Rice fans on here have any input? I'm not sure if I will be compelled to finish all books in the Vampire Chronicles, but we'll see!

P.S. Random...but...I HATE mass-market paperbacks! So annoying to read. First world problems, I know, but I really hate how these books feel in my hands and the way the paper and ink look.

I enjoyed the Vampire series by Anne Rice. They were entertaining. However, my favorite book of hers is "The Mummy: Rameses the Damned". Fabulous story!!! I tried her series on witches, but lost interest really quickly. Hmmm. Maybe I'll re-read the vampire books. I remember really liking them in high school.

I've fallen in love with The Hunger Games. Peeta and Katniss are so perfect together. I think one of the first things I fell in love with is just the name, Peeta because it makes me think of Peter Pan. I always imagine the name sounding how Wendy Darling would say 'Peter' in the movie with her cute accent.

I'm so happy I gave it a try. I've gotten through the first two books so quickly! I don't want it to end.:goodvibes

If you find Interview slow going give The Witching Hour a try! It just sucks you right in, I dont think it left my hands until I read the whole thing. That was the first book I read of Anne Rices and it was wonderful (cant believe it came out 22 years ago!) I just hopped on to Amazon to make sure it is still a beloved book...it is! Really descriptive of New Orleans. Give it a go!

I'm taking a little break and re-reading an old favorite, the WILLIAMSBURG series by Elswyth Thane. It takes several families from the Revolutionary War up to 1941. For those who enjoy Historical Fiction or Family Sagas, you might like this series too. The first two books, DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT and YANKEE STRANGER are available now for the Kindle (don't be put off by the covers, they bear little relation to the charm of these books). For those who prefer print, your local library should still have them and they're also available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter