• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you reading?

Still working on the Churchill biography. Up to 1941 now. Long but engrossing.

DW and I are working our way through the Harry Potter books when we go on long road trips. We're currently on Prisoner of Azkiban. Next road trip is next month, hope to finish it then.

I need to do more physical reading. I like it, but it's a discipline to sit down and do that and not veg out in front of a screen.

Last edited:
Looking for new ideas I started looking up some authors I've enjoyed to see what else they have published.
Found out there are sequels to 2 books I read quite some time ago.

The secrets between us - Thrity Umrigar - sequel to The space between us
How hard can it be - Alison Pearson - sequel to I don't know how she does it

I've been reading James Rollins Sigma series, Matthew Reilly's Jack West Jr. series, Preston & Child Pendergast series and books by David L. Golemon. On my Kindle I have been reading some horror stories by Ron Ripley. He has a number of different series that crossover between each series. One of the main characters is Shane Ryan. While not a fan of some horror, these are different. There is a group of authors under Scare Street books.
I used to mainly read mysteries, but stumbled on James Rollins & Matthew Reilly when looking for something new to read. Later found Preston & Child. Another good author(s) is Jefferson Bass. I also read Clive Cussler, Steve Berry and a few others. I kind of have an eclectic library of books. They go from light fiction, to military type fiction to horror.
I am in the middle of one of James Rollins new books, finishing up one of Matthew Reilly's Jack West Jr. books so that I can read his new release and have the new Preston & Child to read.

I'm reading Lost Connections: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression and the Unexpected Solutions by Johann Hari. I was writing an essay on a depression theme, read many info about it, and got really interested about different causes of it. I found many references to this book. The book is interesting. I must say, that everyone who struggle with depression, takes antidepressants, or not finding relief from their treatmeny needs to read this book.

Still have the new Preston & Child "Bloodless" to read. I read the new Matthew Reilly book and now waiting to receive the last in the Jack West, Jr. series. The Matthew Reilly Official Fan Club page had an interview with Matthew Reilly and he was the one that okay'd us making the page "Official". Also had an interview with the person that takes Matthew's drawings/diagrams for his books and gives them more detail. He has also done a couple of the book covers.
I am currently re-reading Ice Station by Matthew Reilly and am thinking of going back and reading the first book I ever read by James Rollins - Amazonia.
I'm reading Lost Connections: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression and the Unexpected Solutions by Johann Hari. I was writing an essay on a depression theme, read many info about it, and got really interested about different causes of it. I found many references to this book. The book is interesting. I must say, that everyone who struggle with depression, takes antidepressants, or not finding relief from their treatmeny needs to read this book.
Looks like I will have to look up this book and have a read.

I’ve been into historical fiction lately mostly World War 2 era and Holocaust - I’ve been doing a book every two weeks and now I’m out of books and going nuts as I have nothing and can’t seem to find anything - open for suggestions - I’ll read just about anything !!
I may have start rereading some I have! - I may pick some Disney ones as it’s been a while !!

If you haven't already read them I can recommend

"The Flight Girls" by Noelle Salazar (WWll female pilots)
"The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford- (US internment of Japanese Americans during WWll)
"Lady Clemetine" by Marie Benedict - (wife of Winston Churchhill)

Last edited:

Christmas Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke part of the Hannah Swensen murder series.

Next up is the Cowboy that Saved Christmas by Jodi Thomas

Both were Goodreads wins.

I'm knee-deep in Hannah Swensen, too. It's the most pleasant, yet well-written series I've run into in years. Perfect for my pandemic nerves. I feel like I've finally found my adult version of Nancy Drew.

Lady Clementine was a good one ! I enjoyed it - interesting reading from her side
Thank you for the other ones I’ll grab them !!

The Face of Death, by Cody McFadyen (about my 5th run through the series of 5)

It's the 2nd in the series (first one is Shadow Man, and is the best of all 5). About a FBI agent who has to go down dark roads, and has to deal with her demons, while hunting serial killers.

Just finished Nora Robert's Shelter In Place. It was a bit rough, at the start, at least for me. It deals with a mass shooting incident.

My recents include:

Born a crime - Trevor Noah
A woman is no man - Etaf Run
Salt Houses - Hala Alyun
Black buck - Mateo Askaripour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter