What are your best tips for utilizing Fastpass?

SueSue

Mouseketeer
We leave in 3 weeks (can't wait - can you tell?!!) Last year we used Fastpass a couple times, but I think you all can give me great tips on how to use it more.

Here's how we tour, just in case this helps you. We always go to the parks first thing in the morning. We usually stay until noon, then go back and grab lunch at the resort (we're DVC members and stay in the condos.)

We rest and go back to the parks around 4 or 5 pm.

I'm looking forward to all the great tips you have for me! Thanks!

If you're not going to stay in the parks all day, then get FP for the most popular rides early. The return time window can be really long for some rides, like Pooh and Test Track, so you don't want to get over there at 10:00 to get a FP and see that the return time is too late.

Remember that you can now get a FP 2 hours after you got your last one, even if the return time hasn't occured yet.

We sent one parent with 5 passes to the fast pass ride in each area. They rest of us went to a ride and hold a space for the FP parent. We were able to see most other things in the area while we waited for the FP time. There were only a couple in MK that you had to choose - Big Thunder Mountain or Splash Mountain, Buzz Light Year or Space Mountain.

I do not understand why people who plan their trips reading boards like this would not use FP. I figure most of the poor souls waiting in the regular lines live under a rock or are not exposed to american TV and don't know about FP.

We were ther 2 weeks ago, this is what I did: I took our 4 passes up to the Fastpass we wanted, came back with a time. We rode what we could then, or waited around and ate something. Right before we got on the ride we had the Fastpass for, I went to the next one and got a Fastpass for that. If my DD and I did not want to ride something (R&R Coaster), I gave my DH all the passes, he and DS rode 2 times. This worked really well even in June, we rode most all we wanted to before noon. Fantasyland in MK was the worst crowds, but Fastpass was wonderful! They are hard to get at Fast Track, so we rode single line in the evening, was only about 15 minute wait. Have a great time! Lots of stuff in the am did not have lines yet, you may be lucky!:D

And remember that if for some reason you don't need to use your FP, you can give it to some unsuspecting person waiting in the long, hot line. The look on their faces when you give them some "Disney magic" is worth it!

I had read that you can only get one fast pass every 2 hours...however say that you have a Buzz pass with return of 1030-1130, at 1031 you can get a fastpass for Space Mountain, then you can go on Buzz then hopefully if the return time is close, Space. The post said that basically you can do this all day, so you really can have 2 fast passes going at once. We were there in January and walked onto every ride, so even though we got fast pass, didn't need them. However we're going back in August, and know we will need the fastpass system then!!!

After we returned from our trip last month, someone told me that if you get a FastPass and the return window is more than 2 hours away, you can get another FastPass immediately. Has anyone tried this?

I know that once 2 hours has passed, you can get another FP, but I had never heard this tip. Can anyone verify, or is this just a rumor??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter