• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your Covid keepers?

I like WebEx meetings so I can ignore every one from from my desk instead of in person. Otherwise my job remained exactly the same. I guess that’s not true. Covid added ppe

I like WebEx meetings so I can ignore every one from from my desk instead of in person. Otherwise my job remained exactly the same. I guess that’s not true. Covid added ppe
:laughing:
Working during virtual meetings is one of the best things ever. Except for the one time I was standing on my counter top, switching over my calendar to March, and they asked me a direct question. Whoopsie. I jumped off that counter to unmute so fast, I almost broke my ankle.

:laughing:
Working during virtual meetings is one of the best things ever. Except for the one time I was standing on my counter top, switching over my calendar to March, and they asked me a direct question. Whoopsie. I jumped off that counter to unmute so fast, I almost broke my ankle.
Lol. I’m still in my actual office. We just can’t have face to face meetings anymore. So our daily “morning report “ everyone joins from their offices. Unfriended, working from home has never been an option for us

Lol. I’m still in my actual office. We just can’t have face to face meetings anymore. So our daily “morning report “ everyone joins from their offices. Unfriended, working from home has never been an option for us
Yes, I’m not working from home either. I did that in my classroom! Those elementary school floors are pretty hard. I learned that the “hard” way. Haha!!

I am hoping the schools adopt a better attendance policy. Before your child needed a doctor note and not ever illness needs to be seen at a doctor (please don't make me drag a child with stomach flu back to the pediatrician again for a note) and I hope schools tighten up and send sick kids home more readily. Also can we stop rewarding perfect attendance? Having a healthy immune system is its own reward and if the student is just "pushing through" when sick we need to stop that. Self care is important.

the habit of saying/hearing 'take care and stay safe' to and from others. far too many people have no one in their day to day lives that express concern for their well being-having someone say it out loud can go a long way so i am up for permanently replacing it for 'have a nice day' as the default personal/merchant/cashier/waitstaff/receptionist.....interaction conclusion.

I hope remote working remains popular. I already worked 100% remotely before the pandemic, so my company had no trouble transitioning in that respect, but I'm a fan of it in general, and I'm glad that a lot more people got to have the chance to try it, even if the reason for it wasn't great. There are a number of benefits of remote work for the employee, the employer, and the environment — if and when it's the kind of job that can be performed that way, of course.

my husband WFH. I have long hours so its so helpful that he can be home since I get home late. He can get dinner started and even throw laundry into the machine during the day!

Curbside pickup! I love not having to find parking and haul my can into the store and try to find what I need and stand in line. Every once in a while it's fun to wander Target, but it's pretty much never fun to go to WalMart for kitty litter and now all I have to do is click and pull in.

I've also been digging family meals for takeout. They've wound up being really good deals and usually give a lot more flexibility and variety for meals.

*Take care/stay safe as an exit greeting.
*No handshakes/hugs.
*OCD hand washing and hand sanitizer.
*Carry box totes instead of grocery bags.
*Shopping every 6 months for household and HBA supplies. Makes grocery shopping way easier when it’s just food.
*Streaming movies at home vs. going to the theater. I don’t think we’ll return to the theater.

I am hoping the schools adopt a better attendance policy. Before your child needed a doctor note and not ever illness needs to be seen at a doctor (please don't make me drag a child with stomach flu back to the pediatrician again for a note) and I hope schools tighten up and send sick kids home more readily. Also can we stop rewarding perfect attendance? Having a healthy immune system is its own reward and if the student is just "pushing through" when sick we need to stop that. Self care is important.
Our school doesn’t require a dr note unless they are gone more than 3 days I believe.

Curbside pickup! I love not having to find parking and haul my can into the store and try to find what I need and stand in line. Every once in a while it's fun to wander Target, but it's pretty much never fun to go to WalMart for kitty litter and now all I have to do is click and pull in.

I've also been digging family meals for takeout. They've wound up being really good deals and usually give a lot more flexibility and variety for meals.
God I wish I could do that. Our Walmart doesn’t do it and the closest one is 40 miles which is quite the trek just to not have to grocery shop.

Basically what would you keep after Covid?

I would say everyone hand sanitizing regularly.
That is the first thing that will go by the wayside. I hate it!

i would say “personal space” for me. I just booked a show in October and was a little squigged out that I would be sitting rightnextto a stranger.

Telehealth visits! So much easier than traveling, back logged offices, pls Stay!
More Remote employment opportunities, opportunities for s/distancing in banks/food service places. keeping the vehicles/beach bags/purses all with a regular supply of disinfectant wipes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter