What are your fav crockpot meals?

My newest addition is The Top Secret OliveGarden Pasta Fagioli. The recipe calls for a whole lot of soup so i accomodate the volume by boiling the pasta separately & adding it to the bowl. Thisdoubles volume & if I keep it in a ziplock in the fridge it helps cool the piping hot soup to eating temperature.

I use our crock pot mostly for two simple meals. A beef stew and white beans.

One of DHs favorites

1 2 to 3 pound chuck roast
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 envelope au jus gravy
1 can of beef broth
1 or 2 onions sliced

Put meat in crockpot onions on top. Mix rest of ingredients together. Serve on rolls. Last night I mixed the leftovers with a can of mushrooms, 2 gravy packets, water, and egg noodles.

I just bought a larger crockpot yesterday. I needed one that clamps down for travel, but I also needed a larger one. The old one is 4 quart and I needed a 6 quart.

I recently got the Costco 20 crockpot meals recipe list and did 13 meals last weekend. We have only done 3 of them so far, but it is helpful to have more in the freezer.

We are out of the house 5 nights per week right now.

Subbing to this thread.

One of DHs favorites

1 2 to 3 pound chuck roast
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 envelope au jus gravy
1 can of beef broth
1 or 2 onions sliced

Put meat in crockpot onions on top. Mix rest of ingredients together. Serve on rolls. Last night I mixed the leftovers with a can of mushrooms, 2 gravy packets, water, and egg noodles.

I do a variation on this. Lay 8 oz sliced raw mushrooms on the bottom of the slow cooker, lay a 3 lb chuck roast on top, then mix together 3/4 cup red wine with 1 packet of onion soup mix and pour over top. Cook on low for 8 hours. I serve it with rice and roasted vegetables (sliced carrots, celery and onions drizzled with olive oil and roasted on a sheet pan in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes)

Crockpot Angel Chicken

4-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Butter- Melted
1/2 Cup Sherry (can substitute chicken broth)
1/2 Cup Chive and Onion Cream Cheese- Softened
10 3/4 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 oz Package Italian Dressing Mix

Mix all ingredients-except chicken- together until blended.
Place chicken in the crockpot and pour mixture over the top.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve over rice or noodles.

This one is super easy!

Crockpot Catalina Chicken with Pineapple

3-4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
16 oz bottle of Catalina salad dressing
20 oz can of pineapple chunks (drained), reserve 1/4 cup juice

Spray crockpot with cooking spray
Add chicken to crockpot
Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice
Add pineapple, 1/4 cup juice and dressing
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or 6 hours on high

Don't the pierogies get soft and mushy?

They are soft, melted butter, soft onions, but not mushy.
Put them in frozen, on top of the onions, butter on top, set to low I put them on 4 hours before I want them done. I've cooked them all afternoon at the family reunion, well I did turn it off between meals an hour or so with the pot staying warm.

My favorite thing to make in the crockpot is Kalua pork.

INGREDIENTS:
1 (6 pound) pork butt roast
1 1/2 tablespoons Hawaiian sea salt
1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring

DIRECTIONS:
1. Pierce pork all over with a carving fork. Rub salt then liquid smoke over meat. Place roast in a slow cooker.
2. Cover, and cook on Low for 16 to 20 hours, turning once during cooking time.
3. Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred, adding drippings as needed to moisten.

again, stolen from addapinch.com blog

Balsamic Roast Beef Recipe
Prep time
5 mins
Cook time
4 hours
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch

Serves: 6-8

Ingredients
•1 3-4 pound boneless roast beef (chuck or round roast)
•1 cup beef broth
•½ cup balsamic vinegar
•1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
•1 tablespoon soy sauce
•1 tablespoon honey
•½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
•4 cloves garlic, chopped

Instructions
1.Place roast beef into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef and set the timer for your slow cooker. (4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low)
2.Once roast beef has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ - ½ cup of gravy over roast beef.
3.Store remaining gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use.

Notes

If you prefer a more pronounced flavor, once the roast beef has been removed, use a fat separator on the gravy and then pour the gravy into a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the gravy has reduced by half.

Made this one tonight and it was so good! My family loved it :)

I put 1/2 a jar of picante sauce and a package of chicken breasts in the crock pot. After it has cooked, I shred the chicken and eat on tortillas with black beans, cheese and avocados. :thumbsup2

When I make my beef stew, I use salsa instead of tomatoes. Gives it a nice kick.

DH also does his chili in the crock pot, when we're making it to take camping. The crock pot stays hot for about 4 hours when full, so if we wrap it in towels, it'll keep for 6--more than enough time to transport it to the camp and eat after setting up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter