• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your favorite and least favorite studios?

I like The layout at BLT, wish they would do more like that but it’s SO small. We will never stay at OKW in a studio again unless it’s our only option. Poly is probably my favorite for my little family of 3, we like never having to use the pull out sofa and the extra shower (I know Riv and GFV are the same layout, we just haven’t stayed in one yet)

Poly is the only studio we have stayed in so I'll vote that as my favorite. We prefer 1 and 2BR.

We are a family of 4, so staying in a studio OKW is our favorite for 2 real beds, PVB is close second. We have been bringing others lately and staying in 2 bedrooms.

My favorite studios are PVB due to square footage, split bathroom and resort theming. For full transparency, I admit that those are the only ones I've stayed in, but I did do my research before staying there and ended up adding on during my first stay. :)

Edited to add: I stand corrected, I forgot that we stayed in a studio at SSR years ago for a week on developer points. Developer points, now that's a blast from the past and an incentive we'll probably never see again! But I digress, it was fine but the resort is very spread out and wasn't my vibe theming-wise, but I'd consider staying there again now that they've refurbed the rooms and if I was trying to save points and for a short trip. As for least favorite, even though I've never stayed there, I can tell from what I've seen online that a studio in Boulder Ridge would definitely be at the bottom for me. No offense to owners there. :)

Last edited:

I think Riviera and Poly have the best and most spacious studios. I like the split bathrooms at Poly but wish they had a toilet in each side. Riviera also has a split bathroom with two showers but also only 1 toilet. Riviera wins for me because of the murphy bed that has a real mattress, so no uncomfortable sofa bed. SSR's renovated rooms (currently only the preferred rooms) also have the pull down murphy.

For OKW, I wish the second bed was a pull-down murphy bed to make it more spacious. But it's better than the sofa beds!

Well, just as I predicted, I've seen the studios at the same resort as someone's favorite, then least favorite by someone else-OKW. And someone said the Poly studios were their favorite, but their my least favorite. My favorite are BCV. OK-where's the person who's going to say that BCV has their least favorite studios?

BCV studios are my least favorite and PVB my most favorite.

;)

My favorite: Any that I’ve chosen to stay in for the reservation. (Which could include my least favorite).
Least favorite: OKW only because really doesn’t fit the full definition of a “studio” as having the living room feel part.

I Know everyone dislikes BLT and it is TINY, but its got location, location location, I mean you can WALK to Magic Kingdom. . I have had three adults in a BLT at one time more than once, it's not bad at all. I wouldn't do more than that though. I have a reservation there for 3 adults over Halloween this year, originally I had Riviera but the ability to walk to MK won out.

On the other hand everyone loves OKW, and they are very large rooms, but I dislike the bathroom sink being in the same room as the tub and shower, and though I own at OKW I am just not a fan of the resort.

Probably my favorite studio is VWL Boulder Ridge, it's got location (at Wilderness Lodge, so boat ride to MK), its got spectacular theming, (Boulder Ridge is my favorite theme), and size wise its about average.

BTW I have stayed at studios at POLY, AKL Jambo, both VWL, Boulder and Copper Creek, BLT, OKW, and Beach Club Villas. I have a reservation for GFV this January which I am VERY excited about!

Jennifer

Last edited:
Poly and Riviera are my favorites with the split bathroom, plus I like their pools.
I haven't tried the newly refurbished SSR studios but I'm guessing we will like them as well.

I used to have favorite resort rooms but since all the theming is starting to be generic I now choose by where we plan to spend the most time and choose the resort for location rather than theme. Sad...

Poly is the best lots of room and 2 bathrooms. Also close to the tta.
Yes - often overlooked about the Poly location is that it has the best Park access for the bundle of MK and EPCOT together. For MK you have boat/monorail/Ferry boat. For EPCOT you have an easy walk to the TTC for Epcot Monorail loop.

Two bathing areas in a studio and only one toilet.

The two shower areas are the key, makes a big difference getting ready. We tell our kids if they need the toilet long term (you know what I mean), they should use the public restrooms. Not enough exhaust in hotel bathrooms to deal with poo-pouri. :crazy2:

This is pretty useful. Looking at the BLT studio, agree on how cramped it looks.. But that 10 min walk to MK OMG

I think you're finding that everyone has a different favourite, depending on their criteria.
Mine in order: BWV - Boardwalk view, plenty of storage; BCV - location, nicer decor, but studio has very little storage (no dresser), no view category; AKV - good views, bad location, long long hallways at Kidani; PVB - 2 showers, monorail; OKW - nice having the 2 beds if you're travelling with a friend, but hard to get around if you don't have a car.
I'm partial to BWV for everything.

ETA - BCV - Beach Club Marketplace

I too love PCV with the real shower. I hate the tub/showers that most of the other studios have. I don't have kids, so no need for a bath tub. The only kind of tub I care for is a big spa tub. I have not stayed at RIV yet, but that is coming up in a few weeks. Will also be staying at BWV and BLT that trip, both of which are fine for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter