What are your favorite split-stay combos at WDW and why?

We rent dvc points so they're all nice rooms, but after once making the mistake of going from a 1br to a studio with a family of 5, my priority is to always go to more space rather than less. This gets tricky because some resorts have studios that sleep 5 but the 1br only sleeps 4, and vice versa. Also, I like splitting between resorts that offer different park proximity and transportation options. Last trip was Kidani to BCV. Next time will be Boulder Ridge (studio) to Kidani (1br) to Boardwalk (2br).

Since you are looking for a resort for the second half of your split when doing AK/MK, I would recommend POFQ. It is a small resort and your feet will already be tired from several days in the parks so saving some steps at your resort is a blessing. It has only one bus stop which saves time not circling around a large resort with multiple stops. The theming is so quaint and there is a boat to DS to explore more dining and shopping. And of course, you cannot overlook the great food at this resort. Shrimp and grits, jambalaya, BEIGNETS......

I totally get you not wanting to stay at FW or WL coming from Alaska. We are in WI and we see WL type architecture everywhere, especially when visiting the Dells. It just doesn't feel special to us and would feel too much like home.

I agree with kylenne that Youtube videos give you are great sense of space in the room as well as the atmosphere of the resort. Here with the Ears has lots of videos and I don't find them annoying like many other content creators.

We do split stays most trips. We've only stayed at CSR for the moderates (not fans of the skyliner because it's left us stranded all but one time when we've ridden it and been forced to return on the bus, so we've never seen the "game changer" advantage that others have) so if we do a moderate/deluxe split that is our go-to. We use park hoppers so our resort/park choices are less of an issue. We like to start at a new to us resort then move to the Epcot area resorts so we can finish being able to walk to 2 parks. We've ended at AKL if we want to end our stay on a more relaxed note and that has also worked well.

We have done split stays at AoA Cars Suites and the Cabins at Fort Wilderness and also POR and The Cabins at Fort Wilderness (we always end there). We love the Cabins at Fort Wilderness (and just Fort Wilderness in general!) but it's also a great base when visiting MK and AK.
Yes! My favorite split stays are ones that involve Fort Wilderness. So much to do at the resort and great access to MK and MK area resorts. We've only done the campsites, but recently sold our RV and are trying a cabin this fall. Fort Wilderness/CBR was a fun one since we got both MK area and Skyliner area. If you want to avoid Ft. Wilderness, perhaps a DS area resort? We really enjoyed SSR, OKW, and POR.

If we are doing a split stay it is usually between the Yacht Club or Beach Club followed by a stay at the Poly. We like this split the most because we are close to three parks requiring us to only take a bus to AK.

We once did a split stay between POR and YC. This was only because we were looking to save some money, and I do really like POR and it had been awhile since our last stay there. If doing a split stay between two different hotel levels, I’d definitely start with the lower lever first.

Funny enough we ended up changing our all Poly May/June trip to YC/Poly thanks to the Visa discount. Like pp I very much enjoy splitting between MK and EP resorts because we prioritize proximity to parks and this is the best of both worlds. I did learn from the first time I did one on a solo trip a couple years ago (GF/YC) that I prefer shorter stays at BC/YC to longer, and I would rather end the trip at the MK resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter