What are your highlights of 2015?

Disney/Universal Florida in February.
Just...summer! Our family reunion is up to 70 strong and it was such a beautiful weekend (we usually get rain). Volunteer jobs had beautiful weather except one. Our display blew away. If anyone finds the MADD Edmonton and area chapter Memorial Wall, can you let me know? Last seen blowing east from Beaumont in June.

All in all - I think this was best.
http://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...dmonton-woman-given-3-12-year-prison-sentence

Well the DVC members cruise to Alaska was pretty special! :earsboy:

Hubby got a job this month that requires a LOT less travel so it's been great having him home daily,but it's been an adjustment for every as we were used to him being gone so often! lol

DD was offered a CLS, Critical Language Scholarship and spent the whole summer in China

I was offered a part time job that has flexible hours DURING the school day

and the best highlight (which technically hasn't happened yet) is that DD will be graduating from college in 21 days, debt free, with a JOB, benefits, and an apartment!!! Woohoo

Moving into my first place by myself!
3 Disney Trips!
Huge Promotion at Work!
Weight Loss Surgery!
My boyfriend eventually moved in! (OCtober)

My eighth grandchild was born, grandson number 6.

My dad had cancer surgery that was a complete success. It was completely contained and he is expected to remain cancer free.

My oldest grandson finally won a Championship with baseball and will be playing on this team in the spring/summer so he is excited.

My other grandson won the football championship a week later.

My youngest daughter finally got married and started nursing school.

We were truly blessed this year.

Nice raise and bonus in March.

Disney Dream in April. Way too short but truly wonderful.

DD did really well in her first year of IB middle school.

My older dog is hanging in there despite having a soft tissue sarcoma removed in June which the vet expects to grow back. Also hasn't had a recurrence of bladder stones in three years.

Relationship with ex is slightly better although it's still challenging.

Hmm, not our best year. My son got engaged. That was the best news, we love future DIL, son has been thru a lot of heartache before finding her. DD was able to transfer to her long awaited dream job. DH & I went to DW for his birthday & DL for their 60th anniversary.

However, DD's company is being bought out next year. Yep, she's gonna lose that dream job as her department will be closed. My aunt, whom I am very close to, had cardiac problems & needed a pacemaker. My mom had 2 strokes. Thankfully, she has mostly recovered. But worst of all, after several years of declining health, including 2 hospitalizations this year, my dad died last month. While he had been getting worse, the end was very sudden. The whole family is heartbroken.

But that has lead to 1 more good memory: we were overwhelmed by the amount of people at his viewings & funeral. So many shared stories of ways dad enriched their lives; things none of us knew he had done. It was so heartwarming to hear so many people express their love & admiration for him. It really helped us deal with our loss to know he was loved by so many.

After being a SAHM for over a decade , I finished my nursing refresher course and got my RN licence back....now to find a job.

I finished my law degree.

I left my first job where I'd worked for 6 years, started a full-time job at a law firm, quit that job and started at another firm where I will do my graduate training next year.

I sadly said goodbye to my uncle, one of the two most important men in my life, and sadly may have to say goodbye to the other, my grandfather, before the year is out.

This was such a great year for me! Highlights include:
- Starting off the year by volunteering in Quito, Ecuador for 3 weeks. I had my 21st birthday, celebrated New Year's Eve with some crazy Ecuadorian traditions, and got to travel so much!
- Another highlight was definitely graduating college! I got to do a lot of fun "senior year" activities and then was so proud to have my family there.
- Highlight number 3 was several months long- but doing the DCP, going to parks every day and being a Jungle Cruise skipper was WITHOUT A DOUBT, amazing.
- Highlight number 4 was starting a graduate program in a field I love! Yay!

Looking forward to 2016:)

Mine and my daughters 6 week road trip around the US is the top and the next was her sweet 16 party last week!

The highlight of my year happened in a bathroom.

Standing in my pajamas watching a second line appear on a pregnancy test after nearly a year of trying to conceive baby number 2.

Going to the first ultrasound so nervous I couldn't sign my name, then seeing a tiny heartbeat on the screen.

Sitting in the doctors office last week with DH and DS, finding out we were having another little boy. Watching DS's excitement telling everyone he was having a baby brother.

All of that has made for an incredible year.

Surviving 2014.....my mom passed away and my dad was quite ill and in the hospital 6 weeks.

2015 brought a better year with DS graduating college, getting a well paying job and seeing him start his career. Going on a family vacation to bermuda with DH, DS and my dad. Celebrating DS graduation and dads 80th birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter