• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what are your most used programs on your computer?

Probably Apple's Safari. I don't really use that much other than standard stuff built into MacOS. Preview for viewing images, although I switched to Adobe Reader for PDF (Preview was the default). Also QuickTime Player for most video, although sometimes I need to use VLC for some nonstandard stuff - especially older WMV files. I suppose a lot of the applications I use are plug-ins for my web browsers.

Actual programs? Basically nothing on my home laptop. It's got full Office 365 and whatever else it came with but I just use it as a web-surfing and on-line shopping machine. I don't even Zoom or check my e-mail.

At work it would have to be the industry-specific software and custom-built databases I need to do my job, then Outlook, then Teams, then Excel.

Probably Chrome. I like it a little better than Safari because it seems to be a bit more customizable and can block ads better.

Other than that probably Apple Music or Spotify, whichever one I may have a subscription to at the time. I guess I rarely use those to play music on the computer, I will just use that interface to look for stuff and make playlists then use my phone to actually use them.

Yea my own computer is not for productivity, it is just entertainment and shopping.

Besides web browsers the big 3 are Sublime Text, Photoshop and Illustrator. Also Scout which is a SCSS processor. Once in a great while I'll need to use Word.

Programs
Excel
Google word processor/Docs(which I guess would be considered software in some way)

& either safari or chrome depending what machine I am on.

Home: Chrome, Word, Excel, Steam
Office: Outlook, Excel, Access, DB Visualizer, Tableau

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter