• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your plans this year for the 4th of July.

I'll be at the shelter trying to comfort the dogs while the fireworks are going off all around them. I've done it for several years now. Not sure I'm actually accomplishing anything, but it has to be better than them being alone. I hope they take comfort in me being there and it helps at least a little bit.

Normally, I don't have plans this far in advance, but this year my sister I do. Early in the morning on July 3 we'll be on plane headed to Richmond, VA. We'll be spending the Independence Day holiday in Colonial Williamsburg...already know which room at the Williamsburg Inn we'll be in. We have tickets for Dancing At the Governors Palace that night - and again on July 5th as well as An Evening with the Presidents on July 6th. We'll head out early in the morning on July 4th to "claim" our space on Palace Green for the fireworks that night...hopefully up front near the stage to see the entertainment. Just 124 more days - not that I'm counting or anything.

Unsure.

All dependent upon dd. She put in a scholarship application to attend National Flight Academy again and the week she wants is over the 4th. If she is accepted, dh and I will likely do what we did last year and head to WDW for a few days and meet her in Atlanta for the flight back home since it will be the last one of the night.

I am all for an Epcot 4th of July! ::yes:: :smickey:

:cold:We're in the throes of a late-winter blizzard and it's -14C right now. July seems a looooong way off. What's prompted this very random question this morning @Buzz Rules ? Do you have some big Independence Day plans you want to tell us about?

My family will be down the shore in Wildwood for the 4th, staying at a hotel on the beach. I'm not going; I'm saving for a WDW trip.

July 4th? Who knows. I just made an appointment to get my car serviced on Monday and that is about how far in advance I have planned anything.
We live 2 blocks from the community professional fireworks show, so we can watch that from our front yard. UNFORTUNATELY last year they moved the show to July 1 because it was a Saturday. 42 years of having to be at work early on the morning after July 4th and having to try to sleep through the show, when we retire, THEN they move the show to a easier day. Of course the professional show is about about 20 minutes long. So we have fireworks for a little while on Saturday, and then hours and hours of home fireworks on July 4th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter