• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your trivial ambitions?

I dream of taking a fifteen day trip to WDW and staying five days at each monorail resort. That's a real pipe dream.

To get a cache (geo-cache) in each state. I currently have 11 states.
:goodvibes I think that's so neat! I tried hard to get DH and DS into it when our son was little, hoping it would become a "them" thing, but it never really captured their imaginations.

Good luck on your goal. I'd be really interested to hear some of the things you've found.

:goodvibes I think that's so neat! I tried hard to get DH and DS into it when our son was little, hoping it would become a "them" thing, but it never really captured their imaginations.

Good luck on your goal. I'd be really interested to hear some of the things you've found.
Well, most of the caches I've found were just small ones. Usually with just a log page in them. One time I did get a trackable (coin) in a cache in Hawaii, that I moved to Arizona. And I just happened on a cache (not looking for it) in Luxembourg.

Visit 49 states, we are not sure about Hawaii. Yes, I know it's beautiful but we are so much closer to the Caribbean for islands.

Run 5k as part of my regular fitness routine. We have a great nearby trail, I dream of just running a few times a week. Want to start C25K or similar.

Visit 49 states, we are not sure about Hawaii. Yes, I know it's beautiful but we are so much closer to the Caribbean for islands.

Run 5k as part of my regular fitness routine. We have a great nearby trail, I dream of just running a few times a week. Want to start C25K or similar.
Don't write it off. Having been to many Caribbean islands and Hawaii, I can assure you the only real similarity is the sun and sand. The people and culture are completely different and there is certainly no city anywhere in the Caribbean that vibes like Honolulu. :beach:

I plan to visit and/or camp at each of the US National Parks. I've gotten several off of the list but I have many more to go. Looking forward to getting out there again.

This is my goal too. I have been to a few of the "tougher to get to" parks - Dry Tortugas, Virgin Islands, Channel Islands, Isle Royale. But, Kobuk, Gates of the Arctic and American Samoa will be tough to get. And, then there are the National Historic Parks, National Forests, National Monuments, National Seashores...

These don't seem very trivial to me. Most of them sound fun. I can do trivial. ;)

There is a shipping place by my house that puts the weirdest things they ship on their sign out front. Someday I'm going to ship something that makes the sign. I already know what I'm going to ship, I've just never gotten around to doing it.

Last edited:
Trivial: finish a New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle in one sitting. I can finish them completely about 20 percent of the time, but I usually come back to it a day or two later.

Non-trivial: lots of travel. Seeing all 50 states and also visiting Iceland. That is at the top of the list.

Afterthought: Finish the things on my astronomical bucket list

Seeing the northern lights, since I was maybe 5 or 6, I’m 51 now.

flying first class on my next trip to Europe, I’ve been furiously ramping up the points game so I think it will happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter