What bothers you the most about busy times/large crowds?

I am in with everyone else about the packs of people stopping in the middle of the walkway. If you are hustling from point A to B sometimes it is hard to come to a full stop suddenly. :-). I hate the hoardes of strollers. I am not complaining about the children- just the bloody strollers. I hated to push a stroller when our twins were little and I hate everyone else's now. Ha ha. I never took the twins to Disney when they were still stroller bound because it would have made me insane. As soon as the kids could walk on their own the stroller went into the garbage. When I have trouble getting around the stopped families with maps and through the strollers- it is too crowded and I need to go get a drink somewhere with no one around.

Scooters in general, especially loading and unloading on buses. Not a worse feeling than waiting for business for 20 min, it's 97 degrees, and a scooter comes riding up at last second.

Empty strollers being pushed around as a way to haul parents stuff. Also the double wide strollers where the kids are so old you have to break their legs to make them fit.

Oh, and all the stuff everyone else mentioned.

This.

The is my biggest pet peeve at WDW regardless of the time of year or the crowds. Last week there was a little boy in a stroller, probably about 2-3 years old. I have no idea what happened but the dad literally screamed at the kid "We're going home! Thanks for ruining the whole day!" Then angrily jerked the stroller and started marching toward the front of the park while angrily pushing the stroller. The kids immediately started wailing and sobbing with this absolutely dejected and terrified look because he was about to be taken out of MK at around 10:00 in the morning. I was on the way into a restroom when I saw this and my mommy heart totally broke for the little boy. It actually took me a few minutes to get over how sad it made me. Yes, kids need to behave but parents need to remember that everyone is hot and tired, little ones get easily overwhelmed, and everyone gets frustrated waiting in long lines.
Yes! My mommy heart breaks! I'm a preschool teacher and when I see parents screaming at little kids and saying awful things like that I am really so sad. Kids remember those things - believe me I hear it all the time from kids - and to think that their memories of Disney would be Daddy or Mommy screaming and yelling is just the worst.

Cranky entitled attitudes - if your so important that you shouldn't be "bothered" by us regular folk, well, there is a whole menu of VIP options for you to consider.

When I make the effort to sit my family of 4 down 2 hours before a parade to have a good spot, and at the last minute people come up and try and squish up into our sport OR make comments or give us dirty looks that our party of 4 (mom/dad and 2 teenagers) are DARING to block the view of the cute little 2 or 3 year old that belongs to a family that didn't plan according and came up last minute.... AND when you offer to let the little one in front so they can see - less than 15 seconds later, your group is now 10 people back...
yea. That's my pet peeve. I can deal with just about anything else

Super crowded walkways. When you feel like you can't move or enjoy the scenery and ambiance because there's so many people, that's when it stops being fun.

I hate large crowds probably because being short, it limits my line of sight significantly. Being in a packed crowd means I'm stuck staring at the person's back in front of me, so I often miss things that can orient you to where you are - signs, pathways, merchandise, buildings, etc. I'm more likely to get lost or end up having to backtrack because I missed seeing my "exit" to where I was going. I can't speak for Disney, but I've experienced crowds like this at our state fair and by the end of the day I'm mentally exhausted from trying to peer over people's shoulders and between their arms just to see where I'm going.

Lines are annoying, especially if they are long enough to break into walkways where people are trying to get by, because I'm always the person who gets cut in front of. Always. I know that makes me sound cranky but I swear it happens to me way out of proportion!

My husband gets very anxious and irritable in crowds, to the point where it can ruin his mood for the whole day. His way of dealing with it is to walk faster and faster in the hope of finding a "way out." I think it's more of "I'm trapped and need an escape!" thing for him. I feel some of that too, but not to the extent that he does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter