What can be prepaid?

AllieV

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Like many on a budget, it's easier to slowly pay down a trip ahead of time rather than trying to save up a pile of money and pay everything when we arrive. I discovered a few things that can be paid ahead of time. If you add more, I'll edit my original list.

1) Lodging -- although many places require a deposit and the remaining chunk 30 days before, many also allow you to make smaller payments. This can help with a monthly budget. If you find a DVC owner who trusts you, that can also be turned into monthly/quarterly payments

2) Tickets -- Basic tickets can be purchased then upgrades added on later when more money is available (like a park hopper option)

3) Stroller Renta -- one place takes the entire payment when you book, while one won't take it until 30 days before.

4) Airfare -- Add-on the extras later when you have the money, like prime seats or luggage.

5) Gas -- if you're driving, buy $25 or $50 gas cards each month leading up to the vaca

6) Food -- Disney offers a pre-paid food plan for guests staying onsite. We didn't do this because it would cost more than if we just ordered and paid, so we'll need to have enough $ with us.

7) Spending $ -- Buying Disney gift cards (or disney dollars, back when they were available offsite) can help offset future costs of the trip. You can't just spend them anywhere at home, so it's easier to hang onto them for the vacation.

8) . . . ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter