• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What can I do special for my fiancee that's not super expensive?

kay1864

DIS Veteran
We're getting married in early Nov, going to WDW in late Sep. What are some "romantic moments/memories" or souvenirs that I can provide? (We already have ADRs at Sanaa, Topolino's, etc. which are memorable in and of themselves).

By "not super expensive" I mean less than $100-150 per "thing". We can't do any tours b/c our schedule is too jammed on our park days. I suppose Memory Maker photos, but to me they're not as tangible.

Also, I'm not limited to park ideas. We're def going to Disney Springs on one or two days, but I'm also open to fun romantic things in Orlando.

So overall I'm looking for either something(s) to buy that she can keep, or a memorable event/experience.

Thanks!

Perhaps consider Characters in Flight when you are visiting Disney Springs. If the horse drawn carriage rides come back, you could do one of those at POR or Ft. W. We also love to go canoeing at Ft. W. The last time we went, we were the only ones on the little river. Definitely could be romantic if you like boating. You could also have something delivered to your room by Disney Florist.

1st: Congratulations!
2nd: She doesn’t deserve you. Ok just kidding. She might. Green monster of jealousy rears its head…
3rd: Pandora charm bracelet after Saganaki at Wine Bar George

Congratulations!!! What does she like? I would say something to keep that she can look back at in 20 years or more and remember the trip. Maybe something from the Art of Disney store or similar to the things they carry there- I think they still have the store in EPCOT but it moved to a different location- there is one at Disney Springs too. Arribas Brothers has some good keepsakes too. I have a really little etched Mickey paperweight from my first WDW trip with DH- our Honeymoon-- takes me right back to that trip. I also have a little Swarovski Cruella limited edition crystal paperweight that was bought on Ebay in the last few years-- I fell in love with it on our Honeymoon, but at that time it was too expensive (we got the MUCH cheaper little Mickey one at some point on that trip instead). When I look at the Cruella one, even though I got it YEARS later, I still go right back to DH and I standing in the Arribas brothers store in Germany in EPCOT looking at it and him telling me to go ahead and buy it although I didn't. There is also a Jack Skellington figurine in our house that I liked on one trip a few years ago and didn't buy and my husband snuck back to the store and bought it and shipped it home and gave it to me for Christmas. Those are 3 things that I look at and immediately get happy trip feelings and a flood of trip memories. My DD has a little Olszewski gallery of light box from the Art of Disney store that she loves. I would say just something special that you can sit somewhere in your home as a reminder of the trip.

You mentioned Memory Maker--- they usually have some nice frames at WDW. You could buy a frame and then print a photo there and give her the framed photo of the two of you-- or even just print a memory maker photo when you get home for the frame.

You could get her a necklace or watch (if she wears watches)-- they have some pretty ones for around $100-- but I tend to get most sentimental about the couple of special things that sit on a shelf that I see every day.

There are so many different things. I would just keep an eye out for something she likes- or something with her favorite character, etc. I would just make it something that lasts- doesn't have to be overly expensive-- could be a mug, or Christmas ornament (for your first Christmas as a married couple), or measuring cups or spoons. Not something that will wear out or she will get tired of like a shirt, dress, purse etc.... unless of course she falls in love with one of those!

This is a great one and free! There is an adorable little section in the UK Pavilion that is lit up at night that makes a great romantic keepsake. You'll have to have someone shoot it for you with a phone or something as its not yet a photo pass spot, plus, they'll ruin the ambience with their overuse of flash.

Spa treatments for the both of you., watching the fireworks on the beach at the Poly (perhaps bring a bottle of champagne)....plus you can get champagne flutes from Disney Fairy Tale Weddings and use them again at your wedding), order a special celebration cake and surprise her at dinner with it, kiss in front of the castle (make sure to get a picture of it), or a photo shoot by Disney photography.

1st: Congratulations!
2nd: She doesn’t deserve you. Ok just kidding. She might. Green monster of jealousy rears its head…
3rd: Pandora charm bracelet after Saganaki at Wine Bar George
I think the Pandora charm bracelet is a great idea. You can add a couple of Disney charms and she, or you, can add charms later for your anniversaries or special occasions in your lives together.

I think the Pandora charm bracelet is a great idea. You can add a couple of Disney charms and she, or you, can add charms later for your anniversaries or special occasions in your lives together.
I third this idea. I also second the idea of artwork or something from Arribas Bros. The main idea is a keepsake that will remind her of this trip in years to come.

Just as a warning . . . we started a Disney Pandora bracelet for DW with the intention (at least in my mind) that we would add to it for special occasions as stated above. You know, a new charm every now and then to commemorate a new trip or special memory. Evidently to DW, a special occasion is anytime Disney releases a new Pandora charm. This could be come a more expensive habit than you anticipate. :-)

Just as a warning . . . we started a Disney Pandora bracelet for DW with the intention (at least in my mind) that we would add to it for special occasions as stated above. You know, a new charm every now and then to commemorate a new trip or special memory. Evidently to DW, a special occasion is anytime Disney releases a new Pandora charm. This could be come a more expensive habit than you anticipate. :-)
Yep, I tell DH he’s fortunate I don’t wear bracelets!

Firework viewing at California Grill! A drink, an app, a friendly stranger to take your picture on the observation deck. Is your topilinos resi during the fireworks at epcot? Same idea. The view from the deck at topilinos is gorgeous...snag a pic and pair it with a nice frame.
A walk through pandora when its glowing would be lovely too!

Congratulations!
Precious Moments has some really cute Mickey & Minnie figurines. I'm just not sure you can buy them at Disney World. I know they sell them at Hallmark. We have collected Precious Moments figurines for our wedding and anniversaries and other important events, and of course we have some Mickey/Minnie ones. There is one that I saw called "Life is so sweet with you" Micky & Minnie figurine, with them sharing ice cream. Maybe you could go to Beaches & Cream and then give her that?

One more suggestion. How about a princess tiara that she could also wear with a veil on your wedding day. I have seen a good selection in the world showcase in Epcot. Not sure of the cost but they are very nice.

Silhouettes
A couples massage at the GF spa
One of those 20 min photo pass photo sessions.
appetizer, dessert, and a drink at CA Grill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter