What can I use my FCC for?

My first FCC-paid trip had an excess of around $5.00 per passenger (two passengers, $10.00 total), which I asked to roll over to OBC. After the trip, DCL notified me that I still had an unused FCC balance of around $5.00. Since we already had another trip booked, DCL rolled over the credit to that cruise.

When you go through the online check-in, you are required to setup the payment method for the OBC for EACH passenger - at which time you can optionally roll all expenses to a single passenger.

The FCC/OBC balance can very confusing, especially if you have more than two passengers as the third passenger will have a lower FCC due to the lower room rate. The only way to determine your FCC balance is to call (or have your TA) DCL.

In my case, my FCC was very confusing as I had two trips cancelled which I took FCC's - one with a party of two and the other with a party of six. With the confusion of when and how FCC could be used for OBC on my initial FCC-paid trip - it was easier to have the FCC balance applied to a future cruise, which we already had scheduled but had not paid the final balance.

As others have said you can use Future Cruise Credit (got from cancelled cruises where you have left the money with Disney) for this not Onboard Credit (given by your TA usually).

I used my FCC for (or will have in September):
  • Pre cruise hotel at Orlando Airport
  • Transfer to the cruise from airport
  • Cruise itself
  • Gratuities
  • Transfer to WDW hotel
  • WDW hotel for 5 nights
  • Disney tickets for 5 days
  • Transfer to airport - although this has yet to be added as because Magical Express has gone they couldn't do until January this year (reminds me I need to chase them)
  • Anything left I'm then planning on using as onboard credit towards a wine package and drink tastings as well as gifts
Has anyone been able to use FCC for onboard gifts?

I believe you could use it for a photo package. You can order this in advance on the app and save money!

However, once it converts from FCC to OBC (I think 2 weeks before your cruise), you have to use it onboard the ship.
Be careful, that's what their FAQ says, but it has not been working for us. We had like $900 FCC left (+$200 OBC from the good old times when placeholder had this as a perk) when be embarked, our folio only shown the OBC. Had to speak with Guest Services so that they could convert the FCC to OBC, which was eventually done two days later (had to contact shoreside).

In the meantime our credit card had been already charged, we asked them to revert this, which they did on the spot (but they wouldn't have done it if we hadn't asked).

Long story short: check your folio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter