What can it be?

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
A group of coworkers and I were out of town on assignment. The hotel we were staying at... let's just say "has seen better days". It's older, sort of rundown, etc.

So we're walking to our rooms at about 10:30P Friday night. One room (not ours) has the door propped open. Call it human nature, curiosity, whatever, but we all glance in as we're walking by.

Here's what we see...
Two lights on stands (these are like portable TV lights), aimed at the bed.
An empty tripod (I didn't see a camera on it)
An older gentleman sitting on a chair reading a paper
Legs on the bed (couldn't see the majority of the bed because of the room layout).

We did not stay and study the scene and all of us (with some minor differences) saw the same thing.

So, aside from what would seem to be "obvious" of what they were doing, what could they have been shooting in a hotel room at 10:30 on a Friday night?:confused3

A group of coworkers and I were out of town on assignment. The hotel we were staying at... let's just say "has seen better days". It's older, sort of rundown, etc.

So we're walking to our rooms at about 10:30P Friday night. One room (not ours) has the door propped open. Call it human nature, curiosity, whatever, but we all glance in as we're walking by.

Here's what we see...
Legs on the bed (couldn't see the majority of the bed because of the room layout).

We did not stay and study the scene and all of us (with some minor differences) saw the same thing.

So, aside from what would seem to be "obvious" of what they were doing, what could they have been shooting in a hotel room at 10:30 on a Friday night?:confused3

Yea, I'm just going to go with the obvious on this one. Which suddenly makes me not want to travel, incidently. You may have just freed up my summertime budget :laughing:

Here's what we see...

I am betting a religious meeting of some sort:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: if you had staid I bet you would have heard praying:laughing:

Maybe a boudoir photo session? Just a guess.....anyone know what I'm referring to? A friend of mine did this as an anniversary gift for her husband.

No matter what they were doing, my question is why on earth would they have the door propped open?

Maybe a boudoir photo session? Just a guess.....anyone know what I'm referring to? A friend of mine did this as an anniversary gift for her husband.

No matter what they were doing, my question is why on earth would they have the door propped open?
That's the only reason I'm thinking it's NOT the obvious. I just can't figure out what else though.

That's the only reason I'm thinking it's NOT the obvious. I just can't figure out what else though.

Could it be that the participants in the obvious have no where to put the room key???

My first thought was bedbugs? He was sitting in a chair reading the paper? Maybe they were trying to get a shot of the other person getting bitten by bedbugs?

:-)rotfl2: I don't really think that, just had to come up with a different explanation)

The man videotaped himself killing someone on the bed, and was airing out the room while catching up on the news.

I sound like a real psycho. Neat.

That would be an invitation for me to crack up laughing, freakshows do not get a pass from me

They are most likely shooting a television commercial for the Hotel Chain.

"Stay at ACME Hotel Suites this Summer and you get a free Newspaper, and for a limited time only we will provide a old man to read it to you. And remember we offer a great group rate to companies who send employees who don't mind crappy accommodations."

I have two important questions.

1) did the legs have high heels attached to the bottom

and more importantly

2) did the legs have a body attached to the top :scared1:

If there were no high heels, was there at least a nice pedicure :confused3:confused3

eta: assuming there were feet at the bottom of said legs.

The TV station where I worked as a cameraman sent us to Los Angeles on assignment and put us up at the Hyatt next to the Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood. It has a reputation for similar things happening.. Boy did I get strange looks every morning and every night when I walked in with my TV camera and Tripod. I did not shoot a second of videotape inside that hotel, honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter