• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What can kids have in pool?

No boogie boards, rafts, etc. Not sure what water wings are. Some of the resorts throw in beach balls. Depending on when you go the pools are crowded and not much room. If you check the resort website it gives a list of what is not accepted.

DD wore her water wings (swimmies, arm floaties -- I've heard them called all of these) last year at the CR and POFQ pool.

Definitely no boards or rafts. Lots of little kids have swim vests to keep them afloat.

They may allow boogie boards at Typhoon Lagoon, but not at resort pools. A small kick board like they use to teach kids how to swim might be allowed. The best course of action would be to call the resort and ask!

My DD had a small boogie boad in the pool. It was fine never was told she couldn't. We were told she couldn't play w/ her football (that we got in the gift shop). I was shocked seeing we had seen lots of people playing w/ them (that's why she got it). Also I brought my infant DD a floatie w/ a sun canopy for the pool. She was allowed to be in the floatie as long as I took off the canopy. I found it weird as I wanted her shaded from the sun. The life guard told me it was because he couldn't see her.

They also had balls in the pool to play w/. They do sell some pool toys in the gift shops.
Oh and they allowed those noodles.

This is one of those "it's up to the lifeguard" situations. I think as a general rule Disney does not like boogie boards, noodles, toys, etc...but if the pool is not crowded and the lifeguards aren't having a problem seeing everyone - they may not say anything. If it is super crowded, they will only allow personal flotation devices.
Now, at the Yacht/Beach Club they rent tubes and you are allowed noodles, but those lifeguards are prepared for it. The tubes are clear, however.

I know for a fact they cannot have the snorkel things. Ds brought his last year and the lifeguard said they were not allowed.

Dd wears her little lifevest.

I know that at AKL last year they had alot of noodles in the pool. I know they said no to throwing balls accross the pool. Water wings should be fine.

I know at the pool at the Yacht and Beach Club they rent noodles. We brought our own and were able to use them. I think part of the reason for no floats or boogie boards is they need to be able to see through the float to make sure no one is underneath it. I am pretty sure we also rented clear tubes there also.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter