What can you do inside MK before rope drop?

peachmelba

Earning My Ears
I have an appointment at BBB for my DD at 8:40 am on a day that MK is schedule to open at 9. My plan is to enter the park with the entire family (just 4 of us), take a few pictures on the way and make it to the appt a few minutes early. Since my DS is not getting anything done at BBB, is there something my husband can take him to see in those last 15 minutes before the park opens? Can they see the welcome ceremony from "behind the rope"? Should they just wait at the entrance closest to the first ride they want to go to? This is our first trip to WDW and the appointment is the first day we're there, so any guidance would be great.

Also, what time do you all think we should arrive (by car) for a 8:40 appointment?

TIA!

I don't know that there will be much to do before the official gate opening. I would hang back and watch the Welcome show as it is pure awesome.

Arriving by car to MK means you are parking at the TTC and you are a Monorail ride or ferry boat away from the MK. I think they start those up an hour before opening, so I would be there for 8:00 as either ride takes a few minutes and if it gets crowded you will have to wait.

There really isn't anything to do besides picking a rope internal to the park and standing at it.

My family finished breakfast at CRT early one day so we just stood at the rope in fantasy land. This was before they moved dumbo and since everyone else wanted to go there we got everything else in fantasy land done in less then an hour.

Take photos
Inhale the smell of MK
Turn to those you are with numerous times and say "I can't believe we are back"!
Jump around impatiently checking your watch
Tell the kids asking "How long" for the 29th time in the last 5 minutes "Any minute now honey"

Well that's what happens for us :rotfl:

From what I remember the shops are open, we wondered and looked with out the crowds!
I could be wrong, that was 6 years ago.

We were there in 2011 and the shops are open. But first I would get a family photo in front of the Castle. The photopass people are out and taking pictures. Soak up being in the park without all the people. They can stand on Main Street and watch the Characters walk down the street after the Welcome show.

Thanks for the all the responses, that sounds about what I imagined. We'll definitely take some photos of the entire family before we go into BBB. Is it worth it for the boys to go into the castle with us, just to see it? Or is there nothing really to see.

BrianL thanks for the tip on the monorail, we'll plan to arrive at 8am.

I forgot to add--are any of the counter service places open? Could they grab a bite to eat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter