What candy do you buy in Epcot Countries?

Our Family tradition was always to get the Rice Paper Candy in Japan...

It used to come with a toy... Back when I was young (when Dinosaurs roamed the earth!) we would get it on the Air Force Base...and it would come with a little toy...

It is orange flavored and is wrapped twice...once with clear paper...once with waxed paper... You are supposed to unwrap the wax paper and eat the clear paper... it is "Rice Paper"....

We would buy it from the small Kiosk across from Teppan Edo...

We didn't buy it the last trip (May 2010) perhaps because now I can find the candy at World Market... and I buy it for DS every holiday (Christmas Stocking filler, Easter, etc.)

Hugs,
Mary

Like someone has mentioned here...

"Melkesjokolade" from Norway is the BEST chocolate I've ever had! soooo good!

I really like the 'flake' in the UK as well and the coffee crisp in Cananda!

I am British and i have to say the US Cadbury chocolate is not like the stuff made here in the UK - with the exception of Swiss Chocolate I gotta say, REAL Cadbury is the best in the world. Have tried so many times to "get along" with Hershey and other US brands, but I'm afraid they don't have the same appeal to me.

...just curious... because I really dislike Hershey's and no longer eat M&Ms...
how does British Cadbury compare to Dove milk chocolate?
... I had to give up Hersheys & M&M's after my Dove experience... just no comparison at all.

... this thread has me drooling all over the place! :rotfl:

I posted this waaaaay back and now need some help regarding some of the chocolates. Last night we took a trip to Jungle Jim's International Market near Cincinnati, OH. We decided to search for some of our favorite goodies we'd sampled from our trip around Epcot. We found several, including DD's favorite Flake bar. Sadly, we could not find DS's favorite from Germany- the star shaped chocolate on the bottom left of the pic (We found the red Mozart one, made by Reber, and the dark chocolate in the black wrapper, made by Hachez... just not that star shaped one)

If you know what the chocolate is, or the company name that makes or if you are going to be in Epcot soon would you mind checking for me? We'd really appreciate it.
100_5600.jpg

From Germany- 3 varieties at the bottom of my pic- all good! The star shaped ones were 'fudge' filled, the round & heart ones had hazelnuts, I think & the one in the black wrapper was dark... like 70%... but if you like dark chocolate you'll love it!

Chocolate from the UK Pavilion! I love British chocolate (Cadbury, Galaxy Bars etc) and stack up on them when I get to the UK Pavilion. The CMs laugh. I just find the British chocolate so much better than North American chocolate (I'm from Canada).

I'm from the UK, but was missing my chocolate fix, so went to the UK pavilion for some Cadbury.

I can't believe the price of it! I generally find WDW merchandise reasonably priced but I was:eek: at the cost of a tin of Cadbury Biscuits (do u guys call them cookies?)

I swear next time I'm gonna fill my suitcase with Cadbury Choc and set up my own shop from my hotel room!

I'm from the UK, but was missing my chocolate fix, so went to the UK pavilion for some Cadbury.

I can't believe the price of it! I generally find WDW merchandise reasonably priced but I was:eek: at the cost of a tin of Cadbury Biscuits (do u guys call them cookies?)

I swear next time I'm gonna fill my suitcase with Cadbury Choc and set up my own shop from my hotel room!

You made me laugh. We are all so different. I like Cadbury chocolate, but I prefer Galaxy and Lindt. However, when I go to USA/Disney (or any other country for that matter) I don't touch anything I can get at home so I never even look. :) Which cadbury cookies did you get and what did you pay for them (I take it there was not 2 for £1 or buy one get on free offer going on at the pavillion :laughing:). Interestingly enough I do take some stuff from home to hand out now and then when I am there. :)

You made me laugh. We are all so different. I like Cadbury chocolate, but I prefer Galaxy and Lindt. However, when I go to USA/Disney (or any other country for that matter) I don't touch anything I can get at home so I never even look. :) Which cadbury cookies did you get and what did you pay for them (I take it there was not 2 for £1 or buy one get on free offer going on at the pavillion :laughing:). Interestingly enough I do take some stuff from home to hand out now and then when I am there. :)

It was tin of Cadbury Biscuits like you get at Xmas here in the UK. Usually for about £5.99 here. They were $55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went on a big candy buying spree on my last visit to Epcot.

I bought many of the things listed already like Galaxy, Flake, Smarties, Hi Chew, gummy bears, Cadbury, Pocky, Aero and more. I think I got my list from this tread. Many were good but most were nothing that I would buy again expect for Curly Wurly. YUM And the Hi Chews were pretty good. The Haribo gummy bears were yucky and not even from Germany and just saw the same bags at the Walgreens up the road. :headache:

Just a reminder-you cannot ship to your room, so buy chocolate on your way out or be prepared to eat melted chocolate.

It was tin of Cadbury Biscuits like you get at Xmas here in the UK. Usually for about £5.99 here. They were $55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared1: Mind you I won't tell you what I pay over here for taffy and the like - it makes Disney look like a bargain bin :rolleyes1

Only read the first couple of pages, I know the curly whirly was mentioned. My husband LOVES them. And my daughter always has to get the mint Aero bars in the UK.

:cool1:Toffifay in Germany. It is in the new Worthers store. I remember this candy from when I was a kid. It is so good. They have one that has 15 pieces.

Haribo gummy cokse in Germany. yeah I know I can get them across the street at walmart right now but they just taste better to me, maybe is the 50% mark up that gives them better flavor. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter